Thread: The music of Virtua Cop 2

Thanks

Default The music of Virtua Cop 2

I've been searching everywhere for the music from the origenal model 2 machine, even the official soundtrack released by Sega doesn't have the origenal music intact,Is there a way to extract bgm from a rom of virtua cop 2?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Sega Dreamcast version has the sound tracks as CDDA

The GDI dump JAP release has that as RAW data so just needs converting from raw to wav or another playable format

That is 35 tracks track 04 to track 38 track 01 is a PC data, track 02 is a sound track that will say this disc is not for use in a Music CD player or something like that, track 03 is the game data as is track 39

Dreamcast versions tend to be very very close to the arcade and has very little difference asides from limited continues/lives i.e. no coin slot to add more, I am not 100% sure about the sound track but can't see it getting changed though either

I don't remember how the PS2 port done the sound though I am sure they done it with sound files though stored on a CD it was also a double game as it has the first Virtual Cop as well as the second one
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-June-2015 at 07:43.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    The Sega Dreamcast version has the sound tracks as CDDA

The GDI dump JAP release has that as RAW data so just needs converting from raw to wav or another playable format

That is 35 tracks track 04 to track 38 track 01 is a PC data, track 02 is a sound track that will say this disc is not for use in a Music CD player or something like that, track 03 is the game data as is track 39

Dreamcast versions tend to be very very close to the arcade and has very little difference asides from limited continues/lives i.e. no coin slot to add more, I am not 100% sure about the sound track but can't see it getting changed though either

I don't remember how the PS2 port done the sound though I am sure they done it with sound files though stored on a CD it was also a double game as it has the first Virtual Cop as well as the second one
    All of the RAW tracks in the Dreamcast rom are arranged music from the Saturn version i'm looking for music from the arcade verson, are there any other arcade roms of VC2 that i can extract music from?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Run the game in MAME use F2 to enter the TEST MENU, press 9 to toggle the options & press F2 to select, play the music from the sound test and record it I don't know of a MAME that can do that internally maybe something like MAME++ that does have added features but an external sound recorder should work, you will want to edit the output file with a sound editor to split the sound track up after

You can do much the same with the Sega M2 emulator by the Nebula team
    default keys are F2 still but test is F1 instead of 9 so F2 to enter the menu then F1 to change option then F2 to select it

I found MAME to be a bit laggy though may be partly my system

As far directly ripping I don't know of any known method
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-June-2015 at 16:43.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Run the game in MAME use F2 to enter the TEST MENU, press 9 to toggle the options & press F2 to select, play the music from the sound test and record it I don't know of a MAME that can do that internally maybe something like MAME++ that does have added features but an external sound recorder should work, you will want to edit the output file with a sound editor to split the sound track up after

You can do much the same with the Sega M2 emulator by the Nebula team
    default keys are F2 still but test is F1 instead of 9 so F2 to enter the menu then F1 to change option then F2 to select it

I found MAME to be a bit laggy though may be partly my system

As far directly ripping I don't know of any known method
    I've downloaded the Model 2 emulator but whenever i try to load the roms i get a black window repeating "Unable to load file" followed by "There are missing files. Load aborted"

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by VGCrasher View Post
    I've downloaded the Model 2 emulator but whenever i try to load the roms i get a black window repeating "Unable to load file" followed by "There are missing files. Load aborted"
    So what files are you missing out of the vcop2.zip file or have the incorrect crc value

full list in image including crc info, if you open the vcop2.zip file with 7-zip it will list the crc values as well as the files and file sizes

Spoiler warning:
    Name:  vcop2zip.png
Views: 575
Size:  52.8 KB

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

So what files are you missing out of the vcop2.zip file or have the incorrect crc value

full list in image including crc info, if you open the vcop2.zip file with 7-zip it will list the crc values as well as the files and file sizes

Spoiler warning:
    Name:  vcop2zip.png
Views: 575
Size:  52.8 KB
    I got it working now but how do i access the test menu on the Nebula M2 emulator? i'm pressing F2 and nothing's happening.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

you can check the keys from the Game>Configure Controls option after you load the game

if it is in fullscreen just press Alt+Enter

Test enters the debug menu and selects what is highlighted
    Service toggles the option highlighted
    Last edited by Zorlon; 11th-June-2015 at 07:49.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]