Thread: Old PC attempting to run pSX

Thanks

Default Old PC attempting to run pSX

I have an old PC running Win 2K. I tried to run pSX 1.13 and got an error d3dx9_26.dll could not be found in several paths noted in the autoexec.bat file.
    I tried to download several dll's from various sites, but none were _26 and none that were downloaded worked. Any suggestions from anyone?
    I did try and copy a version from an win 7 machine but that wouldn't work either.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm pretty? sure that is from not having all the proper directx files, grab the redist and it should install all the missing files.

Don't quote me on that though, its been a long time.

BTW wrong section to post for emulation help, shoulda posted this in everything emulation sony section , the mods will move it for ya
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Right about the .dll's, that's what the question pertains to, where to find "old" dll's as the sites I found download only "Current" incompatible with Win 2K

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by bknight2602 View Post
    Right about the .dll's, that's what the question pertains to, where to find "old" dll's as the sites I found download only "Current" incompatible with Win 2K
    Oh, well............I think pSX was only compatible with XP and above and linux.

Honestly I don't see anyone using win 2k, just Win/Linux/Mac.

The pSX forums are back surprisingly, you may have some luck there but last I checked it was a ghost town.

Maybe PCSX or something may work, not sure though.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

maybe yor pc can't run it because you use win 2k