Thread: No ECM file will unpack..TRIED EVERYTHING

Thanks

Default No ECM file will unpack..TRIED EVERYTHING

I've tried EVERYTHING. I have download multiple differnt ECM converters and i try to drag and drop my game file onto where it says and it DOESN'T work!!
    I don't understand!!! The black screen comes up but immediately goes away and no .bin file is created..

I also tried right clicking the file and unpack and it still did the same thing.. No .bin file and nothing popped up long enough to convert...

Anyone else have this issue??

Thanks
    EP Points

Stupid question but is the file you're trying to run through it even a .ecm?

Thanks

I downloaded every Spyro trying to get any of them work. It says it is a .ecm

I really dont know what else to do it makes no sense

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

have you tried pakkiso?

just install that, right click on the folder containing the ECM files and choose UnpakkISO and it will do the rest.

Folder must be extracted from the archive you originally downloaded.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Yes i tried that.. it was the first program i tried to use under the spyro download... I do drag it and it still doesn't work

The downloads all go into downloads... I extract the spyro to that folder... I click the Pakkiso... install which moves to program files cause it wont go to downloads and then i try to drag ir or right click and unpack and it doesn't work
    Last edited by Inferno.; 3rd-June-2015 at 18:05.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sounds like a permission issue or you have some bad OS issues.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Of course that would be my luck.. I've only been trying to get these damn games working for three days now.. I was doing some torrents.. ran some scans and ended up system restory to a few weeks back because it kept saving files under the playstation emulation.. like wth

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Public torrents is not a very smart decision TBH

Well if there is OS damage only way to really repair it is a full reinstall, can try a manual OS file recovery without reinstalling but if its registry damage you are kinda SOOL.

I can help you out on where to get the files properly archived and not Pakkiso ed if you want, PM me a small list and il see.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Public torrents is not a very smart decision TBH
    depends on where you get your torrents.

on topic, have you tried grabbing ecm tools from this guide? http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-And-APE-Guide

if not then give that a try. just unzip the ecm tools rar to somewhere then all you have to do is drag the ecm'd file(s) onto the unecm program and it'll do everything on its own. couldn't be easier.

psx and other iso(s) (or whatever format disc games come as from EP), typically have only 1 or 2 steps to unzipping them and it actually surprises me just how often people run into problems doing that. it's literally either unrar the files and load them via emulator or in the case of ecm'd files, unrar > drag ecm'd files onto unecm (in the program mentioned above) THEN load them via emulator and voila, all taken care of. i don't see how that could be any simpler.
    Last edited by treos; 4th-June-2015 at 08:59.