Thread: Do you use an real controller to play the emulator?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Do you use an real controller to play the emulator?

Do you prefer to use your controller to play NES, SNES, Genesis, and MAME emulator?

Thanks

Would like to. Been looking at the MOGA Pro for $49.99 . Eventually gonna pick that up. On a LG G3 D 850 right now

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I use a real console controller with my PC, to be exact I use PSX and PS2 pads via a cheap USB converter, I could see that working on a phone also providing you have a USB port converter, that I have though never felt the need to use it for a pad I use it for easy transfer from a USB HDD to my tablet, but for the sake of testing I can test it.

Had a few PC controllers in the past and either they never lasted long, they did not have the durability of console pads and never often has low response times or poorly designed buttons never did figure that out might of been a mix of both to be honest even the PSX clones of the time never felt right or responded as expected

I would not use an android for emulation anyway though

I have a PSP and 3DS if I wanted to use mobile emulation otherwise I use either a PC or a Console to emulate onto my TV, maybe I'm just behind the times though

I honestly would not know what the pads are like that are designed for use on a tablet or phone or other Android device but I have never been happy with any 3rd party pads or most the pads made for PC use, there is only one pad I use that is 3rd party and only use it temp for rapid fire use then plug the official pad back in after, mostly to save button bashing my official pads to death though yes I can do that on my official pads with the need to rapid fire but saying that I have killed off pads for older consoles Mastersystem NES ect through doing that as well as olde computers like the ZX spectrum though was the keyboard then so I try not to do things like that with official pads though I never got a rapid fire pad for my newer consoles like PS3 PS4 and 360 (though can still use a PS2 pad with that via USB on my PS3 so still got the option there)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-July-2015 at 08:12.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I currently just use my Dualshock 3 with the SCP driver on my PCs.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

lol I won't even use one to play on NES emulation on my Wii let alone any other device I would have to have at the very least a classic controller preferably second design of it as I have the original Classic controller and it just is not nice, still better than a Wii Mote on it's side

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Anytime I can I use a Ps3 controller for anything emulation.

Otherwise keyboard on PC.

When sticky analogs make it near impossible to play I go Classic Controller just hate using batteries.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    EP Points

I use a wired 360 controller for anything emulation related.

Thanks

I use an iPega 9017, but now I order a 9052, because I need L2 and R2 for PSX.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én D5503-el

Thanks

Picked up the MOGA pocket new for 9 bucks at local gamestop, just to check out w/ psp emulator (ppsspp) mainly for fighting games. BlazBlue, GuiltyGear, Street Fighter 3. Also Obscure the Aftermath. Controller works great. But def. looking into MOGA Pro, ipegas. but recently been looking into just trying the stranded console controllers. As has been stated above by some members. So dont know what route to take ?