Thread: PPSSPP Multiplayer Setup Tutorial (Evolve Method)

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default PPSSPP Multiplayer Setup Tutorial (Evolve Method)

Seems no one has made one yet on EP and I finally got it down (to the best of my knowledge) so here is the steps to getting it set up.

Whoever has the fastest connection should be the host.

You will need,

Latest Build of PPSSPP - Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. A Evolve account and the client installed - Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. AdhocServerPro - AdhocServerWindows.zip
    __________________________________________________ ___

Start up Evolve and make a party and have your friends join.

Start AdhocServer , you will see a command window, just move it to the side so you can see it clearly.

Start PPSSPP and go to networking and set it up as in this picture,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PPSSPP Networking setup.jpg 
Views:	1479 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	44462

Make sure you have Enable Networking checked as well.

Everyone must set PPSSPPs Networking ip to the Evolve hosts ip including the host himself.

now go to System and uncheck Fast Memory as in this picture,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PPSSPP System setup.jpg 
Views:	1451 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	44463

Uncheck Pause when not focused under the Game Settings tab when you plan on playing online.

Make sure you have your firewall set up to allow your friends to connect to you (if you are using comodo free firewall like me you will get pop ups when your friends try to connect to you during gameplay)

You must be using the same region game.

Start your game and go to the multiplayer option of the game, you will host of course and have your friends join you .

You should see yourself and your friends connecting to you ingame and in the AdhocServer window.

If everything went correctly you should see your friends in the games lobby.

I am pretty sure I need to polish this tutorial and any feedback will help greatly.

Any mods wish to help out please do so since my Description skills are quite poor and any help is most appreciated.
    Last edited by Warrior; 27th-May-2015 at 01:03.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post: