Thread: PSP Go having issues with CPS1PSP, CPS2PSP, and MVSPSP on 6.60 PRO B10

Thanks

Default PSP Go having issues with CPS1PSP, CPS2PSP, and MVSPSP on 6.60 PRO B10

Ok, so as the thread title says. The issue is actually somewhat minor, but it definitely hampers my fun with the emulators.

First, the emulator versions in case there's newer stuff I'm not aware of:

"CPS1PSP 2.3.1 for PSP Slim"
    "CPS2PSP 2.3.1 for PSP Slim"
    "MVSPSP 2.3.1 for PSP Slim"

^Those are what I'm running.

On my PSP 3000, they have absolutely no problem, except that they load games slower than they do on the Go.

On the Go though, they have this: If the volume level is changed, either by pressing the volume buttons or holding the note button, the emulator freezes. This applies to all three emulators.

I tend to adjust the sound quite frequently, so I need to remember to not do that on my Go, because then my X-men vs Street Fighter or Mars Matrix game will end WAY early.

So, my request here is this: Does anyone know what is happening to cause this, and if a fix exists?

PSP Go PSP-N1001 running 6.60 PRO B10.

An interesting afterthought is that when running the emulators through the memory stick, I can adjust the volume before clicking on a game to start the loading process, though it's a bit weird. one press of the volume switch can elicit two bars of volume change, and it seems to lag showing the change in volume for about half a second. Once the game starts loading/is actually active though, I can't touch the volume buttons or it freezes.

I think it has to do with the fact that the volume bar is brought up onscreen, though I tested my theory by using the "hold note button to mute the sound" technique, and X-Men Vs Street Fighter and Marvel Vs Capcom still froze and crashed the system.

P.S. Hi Zorlon! Thanks for all the help with my other topics! Eheh. Dude really is thorough here, and super helpful.

EDIT: Just used MVSPSP on my system storage, and SNK vs Capcom SVC CHAOS worked perfectly including during changing the volume, as did Waku Waku 7, the only MVS games I have in the emulator. Going to try copying the MVS to my Memory card and see if it behaves the same there.

EDIT 2: Okay, so apparently it's only CPS2 which freezes, because CPS1's volume works, though it's glitched-looking. MVS just plays perfect.
    Last edited by jomon; 26th-May-2015 at 21:57.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Does the same happen if you hit home first adjust the volume then return to the emu

I don't have a Go myself to test anything with, but I do know the firmware although the version indication is the same the actual firmware updates are different to the normal PSP 1k 2k and 3k updates and obviously has taken effect with that one emulator

Pro C with fix 3 applied may be worth trying though

Pro C-2 breaks official PSone classics though

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

In the CPS1/2/MVS emulators, pressing "Home" doesn't bring up the normal grey menu. It just sends you to the in-emulator menu, where options can be chosen like savestates and stuff like that. So I can't really access the home menu. I was thinking maybe I could "pause" the game, but that menu doesn't show up when I press home. To quit the emulator, you press home, then press triangle afterwards and a dialogue appears asking if you want to exit the emulator.

Out of curiosity, if I went to PRO C Fix3, would I be able to uninstall it if I didn't like it and return to PRO B10? Turns out I'm having a couple issues with the English patch of Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix as well, though that was solved by using the Sony NP9660 ISO driver, and I heard that PRO C Fix3 removes the ability to run any ISO driver besides Inferno, and a bunch of my games won't run unless I use the M33 driver. They get stuck on the savedata loading screen that happens on most games' startup menus when using the Inferno driver.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I do believe the PSP-Go CFW is not permanent anyway so just booting into normal mode PSP firmware will allow you to install another CFW

So instead of running the CFW Recovery you just install the CFW of choice

2K and 1K versions may need to downgrade to an older OFW first that is done with a downgrader

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR