Thread: EPSXE 1.9.25 problem? FFT

Thanks

Default EPSXE 1.9.25 problem? FFT

Hello everyone, im brand new here, and brand new to emulators. I think ive got most everything figured out (good enough to get by) But i have one VERY annoying issue that im tired of dealing with. and ive searched and searched for this same issue but cant find a good thread, so here we go.

EPSXE 1.9.25
    petes openGL2
    SCPH1001.bin bios
    and i have the zlib1 file

PC specs
    i7
    radeon HD7950
    more then enough to run anything emulated (id sure hope so)

So my issue, after starting EPSXE 1.9.25, it seems that if i do things to quickly, the whole program just shuts off, or crashes.
    The game im trying to play is Final Fantasy tactics but i dont think it has anything to do with a game because i dont have to play a game for this to happen.

For Example:
    Start EPSXE / click config - whole program just shuts off 5+/- seconds later, everytime.
    Start EPSXE / click config / video - whole program will crash (windows error) everytime.

this happens every single time i start/restart ESPXE

This is quite annoying as i am trying to get all the video config set up right and looking good. Takes many game start ups then tweak some things, and try again.
    And everytime i restart EPSXE to chage something, i have to play this waiting game.

BUT if i do this-----

Start EPSXE and do nothing for 25+/- seconds (everything ok)
    click config and do nothing (everything ok)
    some odd seconds later, then i can do whatever and everything is fine.

Has anyone experienced this, or know where i have gone wrong?
    (please let me know if you need more info about what i have)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

A few people have posted about problems with ePSXe 1.9.25. You might have better luck with an earlier version.

Here2 is a link to Emuparadise playstation emulators for windows. Rename each version of ePSXe with the version number and you can put them all in the same folder, and use the same plugins, BIOS, and games. 1.9.0 was very reliable but grab ePSXe+BIOS+Plugins pack to get a ton more plugins. These can make a big difference depending on your hardware since some plugins work better with ATI vs. Nvidia, etc...

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

thank you for your reply! i have tried 1.9.0 and the same thing happens. Guess ill try 1.7 and see!

Thanks
    EP Points

1.9.25 has HLE

http://www.epsxe.com/

- Added HLE bios support (an official PS1 is recommend yet). From this version ePSXe can run games without an official PS1 bios. Compatibility is lower and memcards support limited.
    VERY IMPORTANT: Savestates done with a official PS1 bios are NOT compatible with savestates done with ePSXe HLE bios (Besides it uses a different namespace).
    it works fine when i play some games on there

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Combusto Dragon For This Useful Post: