Thread: Shin Megami Tensei - Persona 3 FES (USA) ISO Issues. Please Help

Thanks

Default Shin Megami Tensei - Persona 3 FES (USA) ISO Issues. Please Help

Hello everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this.

I am very new to ps2 emulation, but not to emulation overall. I have been experiencing a lot of trouble with the pcsx2 emulator and trying to get person 3 FES working on it. I am quite certain that I have everything exctracted and ready to be emulated on pcsx2 but I am receiving multiple error messages. The emulator version is 1.2.1 and I am not using any special plugins, only the original ones.

The error messages are 1: File not found. Path: IsoFiles System. In the logs it says that the IsoFS could not find the root directory on the ISO image.

The second error message seems more than a simple fix however I am unsure if that is the case. It states:
    [wx] Failed to load shared library 'Q:\Program Files x86\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5875.dll' (error -1073741795: unknown error c000001d)
    Path: Q:\Program Files x86\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5875.dll
    File is not a valid dynamic library.
    Some kinda plugin failure: Q:\Program Files x86\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5875.dll

I hate to ask a question I am certain many others have asked in the past but your community seems to be the only one will to help new people and with many of their issues. I truly hope you are able to help me with this issue as I have been a long-time persona fan and my second ps2 burned out many years ago .

I hope to hear from you soon and thank you for your time,

Skyler

Thanks
    EP Points

To load the game on PCSX2 (assuming you already have extracted the downloaded game, and got the .iso file), go to CDVD -> Iso Selector -> Browse, and select the game's .iso file from there.

After that, run the game by going to System -> Boot CDVD(either fast or full mode), and the game should be loaded after that.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Scaldiron View Post
    The error messages are 1: File not found. Path: IsoFiles System. In the logs it says that the IsoFS could not find the root directory on the ISO image.
    Judging from the error, it seems that the file you're trying to load is not the actual .ISO of the game, but instead one of the files inside the .ISO.

Double check the previous file from which you extract the file from, and look at the file extension/type (Right click -> Properties).

If you're using WinRAR, untick the .ISO file type association from the settings as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaldiron View Post
    The second error message seems more than a simple fix however I am unsure if that is the case. It states:
    [wx] Failed to load shared library 'Q:\Program Files x86\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5875.dll' (error -1073741795: unknown error c000001d)
    Path: Q:\Program Files x86\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5875.dll
    File is not a valid dynamic library.
    Some kinda plugin failure: Q:\Program Files x86\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5875.dll
    This error will always appear if your processor doesn't have AVX support, and it won't affect the emulator in any ways (except if you use software rendering). So you can just ignore it or delete that specific plugins if you want.
    vc3 released.