Thread: Help with Dolphin!!!!!!

Thanks

Unhappy Help with Dolphin!!!!!!

Hello,

I have recently installed Dolphin (4.0-6266 x64) on my computer, I also downloaded two Iso's so far for it; Pikmin, and Mario Kart Double Dash. I extracted the files from both winRAR files, and have two .iso files now for the games. When I load the game (drag the Iso file onto Dolphin) it shows the first part, then freezes, for example; On Pikmin it show the Nintendo symbol, and I hear the audio saying "Pikmin!", but then it fades to black and freezes. On Double Dash something similar happens, it starts up, then shows Nintendo with Mario saying "Nintendo!", and it shows Lakitu, and freezes during the Lakitu animation.

After this freeze on both games, Dolphin shows it is "Not Responding" and I have to force quit it.

Is there something I am doing wrong?? I have re-installed both Dolphin and the games, so maybe it's a problem with my system?? Although I don't know much of my specs, all I know is it's a Toshiba Laptop, with an Intel i7 Processor, and a Nvidea graphics card ... that's all the specs I know.

!!~EDIT~!!

!!~FIXED~!!

I fiddled with the settings and Dolphin worked perfectly!
    If anyone has the same problem, my settings are the exact same as the ones from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dyjRtg1tsk
    So try doing it how he did, it just might help!
    Last edited by Glent; 19th-May-2015 at 03:05.

Thanks
    EP Points

Did you run the emulator with default settings? no changes on the graphics and such?

I assume it was the first Pikmin? If yes, which one GC or Wii?
    vc3 released.

Thanks

I did run the Emulator with default settings, the first time it was change, but when I installed it again I ran it with no changes whatsoever.

And it was the first Pikmin, GC version.

Thanks
    EP Points

Try changing the graphic settings to Dx11 and Audio settings to XAudio2 or DSound. Set the DSP engine to HLE as well (first option).

See if it's working or not.

But if it doesn't, download and try the stable build (4.0.2) instead:
    https://dolphin-emu.org/download/
    vc3 released.

Thanks

Okay, I tried to change the settings, same result.

I downloaded the newest stable build (4.0.2) and tried Double Dash, it got a little bit farther through the intro (where it shows them racing) but it froze soon after. Dolphin went completely wack, I couldn't hit the X button to close it out, I had to pull up task manager and end task.

I then tried Pikmin, which, once again, played a couple seconds longer, but froze soon after.

I also tried changing the settings on the stable build and starting the games up again, same result as before

Thank you for the help so far, is there anything else you'd recommend trying?

Thanks
    EP Points

So, Pikmin still hangs on the same screen (after Nintendo logo)? While Double Dash managed to go a little bit through the intro before it hangs?

I don't have those games at the moment, so I couldn't test it out, but try this:
    - For Double Dash, as soon the game reach intro, quickly mash the Start button (make sure to configure the PAD settings first) and see if the game will skip the intro and then bring you to the menu screen.
    - As for Pikmin, use the same method, but press the button while on Nintendo logo instead.

I hope the method will work lol, not sure what else to suggest if it doesn't, since most people were able to run it without much problem (except for graphic and sounds),
    and looks like your problem is a rare one, which seems to be related to your computer as well.
    https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.p..._Dash%E2%80%BC
    https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.p...ikmin_%28GC%29
    vc3 released.

Thanks

Okay, so I tried this method,

Unfortunately both games still freeze ...

Thank you for your help though! I think I'll try a few other games and see if these two are the only ones not working..

Look on the dolpin forum for support, they also have a compatibility list.

What is the link to the Dolphin forum? If you don't mind sharing it.
    Last edited by meganova; 18th-May-2015 at 04:43. Reason: posts merged

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks

So it seems it may be a problem with my computer, although I don't know enough system specs about my computer to fix it ...

Well, no Dolphin for me I guess ;-;

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, have you tried other games? You can see the general info of your computer specs under the system properties, or through DXDiag.
    vc3 released.

Thanks

Yea I tried Super Mario Sunshine and Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

All have the same results

Thanks
    EP Points

Both seems to have good compatibility on dolphin. Have you tried previous stable builds? (3.5 and 3.0) and try using different combination of video and audio backend as well.

Might want to try if you have other computer or laptop.
    vc3 released.

Thanks

!!~UPDATE~!!

I GOT IT WORKING

I had been messing with all the setting imaginable on Dolphin for the past couple of days, and I finally got it!!

Although I'm not sure what exactly got it working, its all good!!

My settings are exact to the ones from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dyjRtg1tsk (If anyone else has similar problems, just do all the steps this guy did)

Thanks to everyone for support and help!!

Thanks

Do you use shaders ?