Thread: Best flash card for DS lite?

Thanks

Default Best flash card for DS lite?

So I was thinking of getting a flash card for my DS lite to play some DS roms what would be the best one to get? Seeing as its for the DS lite a lot of the features and concerns ie software updating aren't needed. Also Im not really interested in other emulators on it just being able to run DS roms with the best compatibility (some of the games I was interested in were the Final Fantasy games on DS).
    I have been currently looking on this website but wasnt sure what would be the best deal for my situation:
    http://www.r4andmore.com/ds-dslite/?...eatured&page=1

EDIT: thinking about just getting the R4 revolution ie the original R4 card as its seems to do what I need.
    Last edited by zaros; 13th-May-2015 at 03:51.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

M3 Real with GBA Expansion is the best kit for a DS Lite, it is an old kit but it supports both NDS and GBA games, the GBA expansion can also be used as the support card for the official NDS web browser and extra ram for certain emulators made for the NDS, not sure about NDS patching though that is an older kit now

Acekard2i is also a great kit, most games never need patching, this is an older kit but they done a great job with it

Supercard DSTWO though not available now as it is no longer made is one of the best kits around supporting GBA without the need of a GBA port card but the GBA side does not run as good as an GBA expansion slot 2 card, DS side nothing needs patching though and the reason it can run GBA so well is due to the extra hardware chips giving extra ram to any other DS flash kits

For just about any DS flash kit you can get 3 in 1 GBA cards (these are not GBA flash kits that can work on there own you still need a loader that is used from a NDS flash kit)

You can still get GBA flash kits just for GBA games though

R4 I would rank as just the cheapest card you can get, but I had a real original R4 back in the day and they ran just fine though alot of game will need patching before they are usuable

As far as compat goes they can all play DS roms just fine though some of the cheaper & more outdated kits will need the roms to be patched to get them working

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: