Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers (NES): Remastered

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers (NES): Remastered

This is a video showing first two level of Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers game remake I'm currently working on.

Screenshots:

Comments/suggestions on gameplay/possible changes or additions of new features are welcome.

The original game (for NES) is here: http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_E...rs_(USA)/55090

Update:
    Android version of the game is released on Aug 2, 2015, PC version is released on Aug 12, 2015: http://rr16.ifdef.jp/
    Last edited by maxeuwe; 11th-August-2015 at 22:19. Reason: screens

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to maxeuwe For This Useful Post:

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Much love, it's looking hellah good and I absolutely adore the original.

If you wanna go supercrazy with the changes it'd be cool to get to play as the other characters aswell. Although Zipper and Fat-cheese-loving-guy (I doubt his English name is "Oscar" like in the Swedish translation of the show) might be extra tricky to incorporate. And Zipper (and sort of cheese-man) is a power-up aswell... and is Gadget kidnapped? Whatever, you could alter the storyline.

Other than that, I dunno. New power-ups? Isn't there a hammer you only get for like five seconds in the original?

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Wow! This is looking great. I would definitely play it exactly how it is!

One thing I really like about the Duck Tales remake was the added frames of animation. It made it feel modern rather than just look it (Earthworm Jim HD looked very choppy with the updated visuals). I also really enjoyed the added cut scenes too.

It also had an easy mode making it a far kinder play through to younger children. My niece and nephew loved it but I think they would be put off by the difficulty of the originals (they're only 5 and 6).

Looking forward to what you come up with!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Rizer View Post
    Isn't there a hammer you only get for like five seconds in the original?
    Yep. The same with the boat. It serves no other purpose than a five second ride, never to be seen again. I think the developers of the original game initially made these features for later use, but didn't have either time or interest to properly incorporate them into actual gameplay, so they basically left them in the game just to show they had these cool ideas. I think I'll try to add some gameplay so these features will be actually useful. Either that, or will replace them with something different.

Thanks
    EP Points

Added new screenshots in the first post.

Thanks

Don't people get a C&D warnings for these sort of projects? Remember what happened with Chrono Resurrection
    Give me what I want or face destruction........IN JAPANESE!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Don't people get a C&D warnings for these sort of projects? Remember what happened with Chrono Resurrection
    Do you suggest this project to be shut down because it doesn't have official permission, or you are worried that it may be shut down by a C&D letter? I'm well aware of all legal implications, and taking the risks. The whole Emuparadise website is full with legally questionable stuff, and this game isn't any different.
    Last edited by maxeuwe; 26th-May-2015 at 14:10.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maxeuwe View Post
    or you are worried that it may be shut down by a C&D letter?
    That.

I can't take anymore of this constant dreams being dashed of fan remakes we REALLY would like to happen.
    Give me what I want or face destruction........IN JAPANESE!

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That Sqeenix C&D to that Chrono project was a real kick in the jimmy but ya I can kinda see the reasoning on that since who would want to buy it when they can get a full 3D remake on PC for free?
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    I can't take anymore of this constant dreams being dashed of fan remakes we REALLY would like to happen.
    I'm sorry dude but that made me laugh

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I think companies take action only when such project grow really big - like raising significant amounts of money through kickstarter, or trying to officially release a game for PS/Xbox, etc.
    It's highly unlikely that Disney or Capcom will care enough to sue me over this game.

Thanks
    EP Points

Two more levels (H & D) are finished. At this point the game is about 50% complete.

Thanks

Just let me say: Awesome! If it's playable like the old one, and so it looks in the video, it will be my game of the year!

Thanks

incredible remasterizing, i play this and you try me this records of my childhood, something extrange and many good times to remember

It's an incredible game, i think the latest boss the cat it's good to see, because in this game all facta are many important.

I have some few questions for you.

1- Plataform to run ? If PC it's an emulated or something or how can i play it (if posible, of course).
    2.- Do you think in remastering another games ? (i'm thinking in Batman and Contra to be more specific , and many other games because are amazing games and no one makes some good works on it yet).

Thanks for all i'm very glad and surprised about this because this games really got some part of my life and i'm happy of that in that times games are great, good playing, good history, good enjoy hours etc.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Neo View Post
    1- Plataform to run ? If PC it's an emulated or something or how can i play it (if posible, of course).
    There will be PC (Windows) and Android versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Neo View Post
    2.- Do you think in remastering another games ? (i'm thinking in Batman and Contra to be more specific , and many other games because are amazing games and no one makes some good works on it yet).
    I have more than enough work for the time being with that one game, so I didn't think as yet about any possible future projects.
    Both Contra and Batman are active franchises with a lot of recent games to choose from (and more will come). The last Batman game was released just yesterday. I don't really see any reason to "remake" such active franchises which produce new games to play almost every year.

One reason why I chose CDRR and not some other game is that official companies completely abandoned this series some 20 years ago, and our chances to see some new official game are essentially non-existent.
    Last edited by maxeuwe; 24th-June-2015 at 08:53.