Thread: Okami black screen at start up.

Thanks

Unhappy Okami black screen at start up.

Hello Everyone ! I've been wanting to play Okami on MULTIPLE occasion.. Each time I failed miserably on the sole accord that the game doesn't actually start up ? I mean the Emulator says it does, but its a pure black screen for.. As far as I can tell, an indefinite amount of Time.
    Im wondering if a Savestate would help me force the game straight to the Main menu or something.. not a save Data, since I can't even access the main menu.. A Save state.. But in anycase.. MY game doesn't work and I didn't check if anyone posted something of the like..

If I need to post my settings, Do tell, Im not sure if its an actual known Issue and such.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Is the game not for the Wii as well maybe try that version instead

If I was you though before trying it for another system I would look at the official pcsx2 compat list, look for the game you are having problems with and see what setting they used if they got it working

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I really Should try it.
    But at the same Time its a control Scheme Im not very familiar with at All. So I'd get confused and everything since I'd play with a controller that.. Well doesn't show these 1 and 2 buttons

Well, You don't exactly need to look at the compatibility list, if you open up the Emulator with a certain game, and look at the Log. In the Corner at the end of the.. Window's name. Or inside there. For me there [playable] Soooo its playable for 1.2.1, but theres obviously something wrong..
    Oh, I went and checked on a couple of Topics. All they needed to do was download the latest version of the Emulator. Yet.. I am sitting at the latest Version ; (their latest version back then was 0.9.4beta) they were -really- -really- old posts.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

you look at the compat list to get the setting used

plenty are playable but require certain fixes to play them

Lots of Wii games use classic controller or GC pads with a layout not that different from a 360 pad, don't remember if that game could but even those games that don't use motion or lightgun type controls but uses a nunchuck & mote it still has a layout much the same as a normal pad again not played the game on my Wii yet so not sure plus I have the HD version on my PS3 anyway

Try the old version then

In the emulation world newer is not always best for all games, while the latest version may improve the compat for some games others may start to suffer from other issues
    Last edited by Zorlon; 11th-May-2015 at 19:23.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Ooooooh. I didn't know about that I'll go check the compatibility List then.

Right.. I guess there is that.. Though Assuming its A Wii game and you need to draw.. Im assuming they made full use of the Wii Mote ;
    Well.. I'll go check the Compatibility List now. . . . . .

Well... theres no screenshot settings For Okami... Or 'Ookami' Even... http://gyazo.com/1d98f6707ed772ba6ed9cd63c8234451

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Notes-Settings Used would normally have a link to settings :/ seems no one posted settings for that game

though would still try the older version of pcsx2

P.S. you do have a *.iso file or a bin & cue file (I don't know if it was a CD or DVD game)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Yeaaa :/ No one did.
    I guess I could always go and try a older version.
    Yes I do have the .iso file I don't have the Bin&Cue Files though. (I took the file straight from Emuparadise's Library

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

try both normal and fast boot also

not a fan of PS2 emulation but the difference between full and fast boot is enough to make a game run or not run

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Well, I tried that earlier, but again.. I went to try it again just in case something worked. But alas, It didn't work on 1.2.1 and 0.9.8.

And really ? Is there something buggy about PS2 Emulation or ?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

PS2 emulation is a long way from perfect

but not the reason I just use a real PS2 instead

Not tonight I am about to go to bed but I will do some testing myself when I get time, though not sure when that will be, sooner rather than later I hope

... Just working long shifts so don't have a great deal of spare time for myself or helping anyone on-line

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Understood ! Thank you for your Current Support ^^ I'll still be browsing the interwebs for a fix :/ Hopefully I find something.. I tried all the other times but.. This time I -really- wanna play Okami x .x;

Have a good night !

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmmn Okami boots up just fine for me using a freshly installed copy of PCSX2 no settings changed so I don't know what to say really. Maybe your download of the game got partially corrupted somehow? I'd suggest re-downloading the game and trying again.

Thanks
    EP Points

and what is your PC specs? emulation settings? are there any errors on the PCSX2 log?

Also, what size is your .ISO? did you download it from here?
    vc3 released.