Thread: Metroid Fusion (J) Hard Mode Endings

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Metroid Fusion (J) Hard Mode Endings

*EDIT* I solved the problem, see below *EDIT*

I've been playing the NTSC-J version of Metroid Fusion with VBA v 1.8.0-beta3, and I was trying to get a complete gallery (all ending images). According to pretty much every online source (such as this one: http://metroid.retropixel.net/games/...d4/endings.php) there are supposed to be 10 ending images (on that list 1 and 7 are the same), 5 for normal mode and 5 for hard. I got all the normal endings, and the hard mode ending for under 2 hours 100%, but whenever I meet the requirement for one of the other hard mode endings, it gives me the normal mode ending instead. I originally was playing with the rom from the main emuparadise site, but I tried several others to no avail.

To summarize, I'm playing Metroid Fusion (J) for GBA, and I can only get 6 out of the 10 endings, with the other 4 sending me to the wrong ending. If anyone else plays it and can see if they get the right endings for Hard mode <2 hours <100%, >2 hours 100%, 2-4 hours <100%, or >4 hours <100%, or if they know what's wrong, that would help a lot.
    Last edited by netwalkthroughs; 23rd-April-2015 at 02:47.

Thanks
    EP Points

I originally thought this was an emulator problem or a bad rom dump, but it turns out that the entire internet is wrong about how to unlock endings. I'll detail it here in case anyone else is having this problem. I'll include the ending number used in the link above for reference.

At the beginning, before you start the game you select a language option and then a difficulty. The two language options are child (top) and adult (bottom). The only difference is that one uses kanji while the other uses english text in place of the kanji. This language option also determines your ending.

If you pick adult, there are 5 endings, the Metroid Comic inspired endings.
    2.>4 hours <100% on hard or normal, or the only ending for easy
    3. Between 2 and 4 hours <100% on hard or normal
    4.<2 hours <100% on hard or nomal
    5.>2 hours 100% on hard or normal
    6.<2 hours 100% on normal only

If you pick child there are 5 endings, the NTSC-U/PAL endings
    1/7. >4 hours <100% on hard or normal or the only ending for easy
    8.Between 2 and 4 hours <100% on hard or normal
    9.<2 hours <100% on hard or normal
    10.>2 hours 100% on hard or normal
    NA/E Ending 5. <2 hours 100% on normal only

For both language options
    11. <2 hours 100% on hard mode only.

Hope this helps someone else, because this was driving me crazy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to netwalkthroughs For This Useful Post:

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That is a pretty interesting discovery, thanks a bunch for posting the info.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.