Thread: Problems with repairing Super Smash Bros. Brawl ISO WinRAR archive

Thanks

Default Problems with repairing Super Smash Bros. Brawl ISO WinRAR archive

I downloaded a Brawl ISO which came in a WinRAR archive but when I tried extracting it, it gave me this error:

So, I opened up WinRAR to repair the archive then chose "Treat the corrupt archive as ZIP.'

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	44201 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b21cf8f937f2cb1246cf6b7ba36a7139.png 
Views:	214 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	44202

When it was finished repairing, it gave me this file called rebuilt.-Brawl.iso

but when I opened it, nothing was in it.

I did everything once more except I chose treat the corrupt file as RAR and I tried downloading the ISO from different sources but still no luck. Am I doing something wrong here? Help would be much appreciated

Thanks
    Thanked 13,301 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by dafyoukai View Post
    I downloaded a Brawl ISO which came in a WinRAR archive
    That right there is your error. Everything you did after that was wronger.

You downloaded an iso, that was just an iso, and not in a Winrar archive. You can move onto playing the game right now.
    To prevent this bit of confusion in the future, un-associate Winrar from iso files. To do this launch Winrar, find Options>Settings>Integration and then untick iso (and prettymuch everything else except rar and zip maybe).
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Ahh shit you're right about that. There was no actual error in the first place lol

Well, thank you for your help