Thread: Game acting funny when ran from HDD?

Thanks

Default Game acting funny when ran from HDD?

I had a game I had ftp'd to my hdd and it ran great a little while back but I uninstalled it. I installed it yesterday and it started running sluggish and kind of going into slow motion almost. It was Blade II and I found out that if I cleared the cache in the E folder that it helped it run completely normal. I still have games that do not work when ran from the HDD. Is there anything else that I could try? I have the xecuter2 chip

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Might help if you mention a few games that have issues still

best to FTP directly from an ISO though and not via Filezilla or other standard FTP progs

best combo is Qwix (Xbox FTP software/ISO maker) & Avalaunch installed as an app (it is a dashboard but you don't need to install it as one if you only use it to FTP with) with that combo not only do you get perfect transfers but you also get fast FTP access and various other advantages like game management from your PC

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

In my reading I've read about some file extension names (or something to that affect) being too long causing problems and certain hard drives. I have the stock seagate 10Gb in my xbox, but I will be adding the HDD out of my PC when I upgrade it; I'm hoping that will help quite a bit. I've had no luck getting Forza, or any of the need for speed games to work using flashfxp 5. I saw the "file name extension being too long" problem mentioned in a post but I can't find any specific details on that. And thanks for the help Zorlon.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I posted a lot of Xbox HDD fixes over at [Fix]+[HDD highlighted scroll down that page to the highlighted section that is just fixes, also highlighted [HDD so you can ID the HDD fixes quickly as not all my fixes are HDD related that are a few HDTV fixes there also for component cable or VGA hacked console owners

As far as I know Forza or any of the Need for speed games do not need a HDD fix though...???

Try the FTP method I mentioned it will also list any files that are not Xbox HDD compliant.

In general if you do get files that are not compliant they simply do not copy over using the software I mentions other FTP software may auto rename though, but that is not a good thing because the software itself does not know what those files are named now and will not access them
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-April-2015 at 10:25.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Everything is running perfect now, even the burnt games that never did. I downloaded slayers autoinstaller 2.7 and put it on a disk and installed the latest xbmc. I had a very old version of evoX and I think this may have been the problem, though I don't know for sure. You're right, XBmc is a very nice dash...

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah XBMC is the best one I think, the others are a little too simplified and just don't look nice and are missing a lot of features

I would still install Avalaunch as an app though, to get some of the FTP features like FTP boosting via qwix and use it's nice game manager that also includes saves removal (removing older saves is essential if you run alot of games as there is a limit to how many you can have and if you hit that limit any new software you try to run after will just black screen on you)

Check out my guide for Xbox HDD limits for more detail
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-April-2015 at 08:12.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]