Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with setting up DS/3DS Card

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah sure, it's a normal/original DS and here are the pics:
    Let me know if you can't read the text, it was really hard to try and get a clear picture from that close up.

Last edited by Rich666; 1st-May-2015 at 19:08.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What I linked is what you need software wise for the MicroSD http://filetrip.net/dl?FhXOBrY7vI

The Launcher.dat is not for your kit but for the new 3DS kit by that team and is used as part of an exploit to run 3DS roms from there new 3DS kit, not related to your kit though

Going to guess the text on the front of the card says www.r4ids.cn

Ignore all the Deluxe Edition files these are not for your kit

You want the files for the R4i Gold 3DS that you own, in the downloads section there is an image of your card next to the updates and kernal files you can use (The kernal being wood) and the firmware for the kit listed as an update, though hold back on the update, first make sure it runs in general

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

O.K. so starting from scratch:
    I seem to have the same setup (file wise) as before, minus the launcher file (cause I am trying to get work in the normal DS first). I'm still not getting anything.

I'm honestly starting to think this is all sadly pointless, and I just have a card I wasted money on.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I do feel for you but it is very hard to tell now, there are so many fakes and clones that just look identical to real deal now

It could just be a faulty card still but it does look like you just got ripped off

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

The Micro cards themselves seems fine at least spacial wise (having filled them and non of it becoming corrupted).
    The company want me to send it back to them in another country so they can send me another one, no chance!

There really isn't any sites that sell real cards AND either exist in the UK or wont charge mega postage. I guess I'll just have to buy the literal games instead.
    Last edited by Rich666; 2nd-May-2015 at 15:57.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I recently ordered a Gateway card myself but this was from china or something

It is illegal for anyone to sell those cards in the UK though, they got banned a few years back and enforced heavy not so long back so a number of stores got removed back end of last year and the beginning of this year

I'm sure I never used a UK store anyway to buy my kits as it was always cheaper to order them from Asian countries, though yes returns was not going to happen

I have/have had the following
    M3 Lite (Slot 2 card) and PassMe by Supercard, a DS game was required at the time
    R4 (The original)
    M3 Real (Slot 1 but came with a Slot 2 card for added GBA support was the best all round kit for it's time)
    Acecard2i (Was the best DS kit at the time that worked on the 3DS, it's blocked now though)
    Supercard DSTWO (The best DS kit that works on 3DS consoles)
    Gateway (The original 3DS kit that can actually play 3DS games comes with a DS flash kit but that only works on older 4.5.x 3DS firmware, though you can downgrade the 3DS)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]