Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gamecube Problems

Thanks

Default Gamecube Problems

So I downloaded Dolphin 2.0. I think I also downloaded 4.0. I have Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life downloaded. I extract them with WinRar and I have their files. A few minutes ago when I opened my downloads folder I still saw them there, but they looked like a sheet of paper with a bent bit at the top right of their icon. I used to see them in a stack of book form, and from that book form I could extract them to something. So I tried moving the bent paper bits into their folders, but I couldn't because it said something was going on in my google chrome window. So I cancelled the downloads, but now the bent paper bits are gone. There's still no sign of the stack of books. What should I do? Re-download (which takes hours and it's almost midnight here)? And why, when I open up the dolphins, can't I play my games? Does it have anything to do with the missing books and bent of paper icons in their correct folders?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yup you stopped the downloads before completing and in doing so effectivly deleted the files

.. Not 100% sure what you did but they are indeedy gone now anyway

While we are on the subject of extracting make sure you do not extract the contents of the iso image

Either by using 7-zip instead of winrar or by going into the settings of winrar and removing *.iso from the files associated with it

I strongly recommend 7-zip though, you will find it very rare that you need to use winrar instead of 7-zip anyway

I would also associate *.iso with another program like a burning prog like imgburn by right clicking on a *.iso file and hitting open with... it will then give a list of progs, if imgburn or whatever is not shown then hit show all progs or even browse to the prog you will also want to check always open with then once that is done the once it will re-assign an icon to that file type

If you have known file types extensions hidden you might want to see those so you know what file types you are really looking at, so you may want to change that setting in Windows explorer

Micro Guide - Show all file extensions

1. Open up any folder
    2. If top menu bar is not shown just press F10
    3. Click on Tools
    4. Click on Folder options...
    5. Click the View tab
    6. Remove tick from Hide extensions for known file types
    7. Click Apply then OK
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-April-2015 at 08:19.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I have both 7zip and WinRar installed. I just installed Img Burn and I did the "open with...". The icon changed to a bent piece of paper with a burning disc image on it. I extracted the thing again with WinRar I think (sorry I thought it was ready this time I'm re-downloading again). I started up dolphin again (it keeps asking me if I want it portable) and it showed me folders, but in the A Wonderful Life folder I didn't find anything. So I deleted it all and I re-downloaded again. It then came with burning-disc-on-paper icon. After I saw it I read what you said again and I went to WinRar, then to "Options" then to "Settings" then I had WinRar associate or whatever with ISOs. I then went to 7zip and had that associate with ISOs. I'm not exactly sure what to do now.

I re-read your post again and I unassociated WinRar with the ISOs. I tried to do so with 7zip by going to "Tools" then "Options" then clicking on "7zip" in the "isos" row but it said "Access Denied". So instead I made sure that the icon next to "isos" only had a folder with an "I" near it rather than a folder with the word "isos" at the top right of the icon.
    Last edited by MittensTheCat; 20th-April-2015 at 00:52.

Thanks
    EP Points

Perhaps you can post few screenshots about those files you've mentioned? It should let us to have better look into it.
    vc3 released.

Thanks

Sorry I can't. I don't really know how.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

don't associate iso's with winrar or 7-zip you do not want to extract the contents of an iso file, you want to extract the iso file from the archive

To do screen shots..

press print screen and open paint and paste

if you are on a laptop 99% use the fn key plus the prt scn key instead of just the print screen key due to a smaller keyboard

ctrl+print screen works better again as that takes a shot of the sctive window instead of the entire desktop
    the same works on a laptop just more keys ctrl+fn+prt scn

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img burn.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	44203
    It's lower from the bottom. Like, bottom middle-ish. It says, "Harvest_Moon_A_Wonderful_Life_USA_G..." If you look closely (sorry if you can't see) it has a bent paper thing with a burning disc image on the paper.

Name:	print screen.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	44204
    In this screenshot next to the isos file it has [7zip]. I tried to change the folder from having [isos] on the top right of the icon to having [I] as it does now. I thought maybe that would be better, since if I tried to get rid of both the [I] and [7zip] completely the computer won't let me. It will just say, "Access is denied."

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

don't associate iso's with winrar or 7-zip

saying that looks like you have an iso file though hard to tell from you screen grabs

even if you don't have file associated correctly it is still best to show file extentions

1. Open up any folder
    2. If top menu bar is not shown just press F10
    3. Click on Tools
    4. Click on Folder options...
    5. Click the View tab
    6. Remove tick from Hide extensions for known file types
    7. Click Apply then OK

Anyway presuming you have done this ok and the file shown in the screen grabs is actually an iso file

move that to a folder that will be used for all DVD images for the Dolphin emulator

Run Dolphin and set it to look for your games in the folder you just moved the iso to (It's in the Paths Tab of the Dophin Configuration window)

It will then show up in the list of games

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Name:	games for dolphin.jpg 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	44205
    So here's the new folder I created for my games. It's called "games for dolphin".

Name:	not there.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	44207
    Here is me going through the Paths tab and adding my folder.

Name:	nothing.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	44206
    I did all the right things. Why isn't it there?

Also, I made sure not to hide the extensions.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MittensTheCat View Post
    Also, I made sure not to hide the extensions.
    Then show us what file/s you have inside the games for dolphin folder

(Not what is shown via Dolphin that is nothing, also make sure the screen shot actually shows the extension, just adjust the Name panel size by placing the mouse just before Date Modifed it will then change the mouse icon (should show as a line with arrows on each side), just double click, it should auto size it so you can see the whole name)

Something does not add up here

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Name:	control and f10.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	44210

Name:	folder options.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	44211

Name:	show extensions.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	44212
    That's me making sure that the stuff ain't hidden.

Name:	what's there].jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	44213

Name:	in the folder.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	44214
    That's what's in the file.

If you're wondering, I'm telling the truth. I have no reason to lie to you. If anything, I just made a mistake. I just want to play this game, or at least figure out what's wrong.

Thanks
    EP Points

Judging from your last image, it seems you haven't extracted the .ISO (or .GCM) file yet, as the game is still in the archive (.RAR).

Name:	abbbbbbb.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	44215

You need to have the type of file I mentioned previously first before the game will shows up on the Dolphin game list, so just Extract it (Right Click -> Extract Here).
    vc3 released.

Thanks

Name:	extracting.jpg 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	44217
    So I did extract here. Tried with both WinRar, saw that it didn't work, then did 7zip.

Name:	extract here.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	44216
    This is what I see when I open the file.
    When I tried to look for it with dolphin,

Name:	dolphin two.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	44218
    and 4.0

Name:	dolphin four.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	44219
    but both can't find it.

Name:	games for dolphin two point oh.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	44220
    When I try to find the file, it just says, "No items match your search." I would've posted more pictures of it, but the site won't let me post more than five pictures or something like that.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you look at your second image, there are no .ISO/.GCM file anywhere among the files (look at the file Type again), but there lots of archive file instead,
    and like I said previously, Dolphin won't recognize the game if it is still in archive file, so you have to make sure to get the .ISO/.GCM file first when extracting before doing anything else.

Try to extract the iph-hrv.rar file (ignore the rest) and you should get the .ISO/.GCM file after that.
    vc3 released.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I got it. Thank you!