Thread: Dolphin w/ newest update won't play roms

Thanks

Default Dolphin w/ newest update won't play roms

So I tried to get ssbm on my PC so I could play it I download dolphin the first time, newest update, it doesn't work. I uninstall/reinstall multiple times, I go through the recommended emulators on the ROM's page and download Dolphion 3.0. It doesn't work either after trying everything in my limited computer knowledge. I try downloading a different ROM (pac man world 2) and it doesn't work either. Dolphin refuses to recognize my ROMs unless in a seperate file and then won't play them. Is it some process I've messed up? I've downloaded and used emulators and roms in the past for SNES so this really through me for a loop

Thanks
    EP Points

Have you extracted the .gcm or .iso file from the archive after the download finished? You can't run the game directly on Dolphin if the game is still in the archive.
    vc3 released.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeah I downloaded and when I extracted it still wouldn't recognize the rom

Thanks
    EP Points

Does it extracted completely? No errors and such?

Also, can you post screenshots of the archive files and the rom? Dolphin should be able to recognize it if you already have the correct file (.iso or .gcm).
    vc3 released.