Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Ocean 5 announced for PS3 and PS4

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Star Ocean 5 announced for PS3 and PS4

Square Enix revealed Star Ocean 5 is in development for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, and that they’re working together with tri-ace on the game. This week’s issue of Famitsu magazine shares more details on the upcoming RPG.

Star Ocean 5 takes place on a planet called Feycreed, which is 6,000 light-years away from the planet Earth. The full title is Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness.
    Source

Spoiler warning:
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It will suck.

Spoiler warning:
    I'll still buy it though.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hopefully it'll not.

Spoiler warning:
    especially for the trophies.

vc3 released.

Thanks
    EP Points

Welp another game and more money out of my wallet being sucked away. Thanks Square Enix! I'm pretty excited for it Maybe it'll be better then the last one...Which I wasted more then a couple hundred hours on

I have a feeling that I will be playing this more then anything if it gets a US release (which I'm sure it will).

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Phineas Squiggletail, Esq View Post
    It will suck.

Spoiler warning:
    I'll still buy it though.
    Still a million times better than any of this Final Fantasy trash they keep throwing out after Hironobu Sakaguchi left
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

I think the last game I played from this series was, Star Ocean Til the end of time. Is Star Ocean The last hope international any good? Honestly not sure at this point if i'd bother with Star Ocean 5 or not.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin329 View Post
    I think the last game I played from this series was, Star Ocean Til the end of time. Is Star Ocean The last hope international any good? Honestly not sure at this point if i'd bother with Star Ocean 5 or not.
    Star Ocean 4 PS3 is decent , not quite on par with the previous installments but well worth $20 retail.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Still a million times better than any of this Final Fantasy trash they keep throwing out after Hironobu Sakaguchi left
    Final Fantasy sucks lately too, you won't find me disagreeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Star Ocean 4 PS3 is decent , not quite on par with the previous installments but well worth $20 retail.
    Good thing it was released as a $20 game right away........ Oh hey wait a second........

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ya I'm looking forward to this if they dont screw it up with todays typical trends of ,

#1 - Rushing it out the door with NO QUALITY ASSURANCE (loaded with bugs of all kinds and the like that the consumer has to find and report)

#2 - No annoying amounts of DLC which should of been part of the game TO BEGIN WITH

#3 - No console exclusive garbage like only putting the good stuff on the newer consoles release

#4 - Turning a perfectly fine single player franchise into a MMO and still NUMBER IT AS PART OF THE MAIN SERIES

And whatever else I may of missed thats absolute bullcocky.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There will be bugs. With the advent of being able to patch console games companies quit giving a shit about qa. Sad but true.

2 will happen, not sure about 3. It won't be an mmo though...I hope..........

Like I said, I'll get it, and therefore play it, but I am not getting my hopes up.

Thanks
    EP Points

I hope they won't leave PS3 version in Japan.
    Because SE did exactly that with Dragon Quest Heroes.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Net Spectre View Post
    I hope they won't leave PS3 version in Japan.
    Because SE did exactly that with Dragon Quest Heroes.
    If Squeenix does that there will be hell to pay I can guarantee that.

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh, and what if they'll try to pull off that "Japanese voice track as DLC" trick again...
    Nah... they won't dare to... right? (They totally can. I so want to be mistaken.)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Japanese voice tracks should be DLC. It costs money to include. People that care will pay. I think that is a smart decision.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Net Spectre View Post
    Oh, and what if they'll try to pull off that "Japanese voice track as DLC" trick again...
    Nah... they won't dare to... right? (They totally can. I so want to be mistaken.)
    Oh I'm sure the greedy bastards will, they will milk the "Real" fans for all they're worth .

It should be included as a option from typical cheap shitty english "voice acting" (using that term lightly here)

If that is the case, it will piss everyone off and il start saving for a slim PS3 that is CFWable.