Thread: (GC and DS) emulation question (sorry if wrong forum)

Thanks

Default (GC and DS) emulation question (sorry if wrong forum)

Quote Originally Posted by Lecayle View Post

Spoiler warning:
    I am running a Dual-core TK-53 1.70 ghz proc, have 896 MB RAM, and run on an XP serv. 2 OS.

My question may be a no brainer, but to emulate smoothly should I have a processor at least the same as the system I want to emulate? I would like to get a game cube and ds emulator, but am unsure if my laptop has enough huevos to run smooth for games like windwaker or march of the minis or mario sunshine. I get great emulation for n64 and psx (if I run an onboard image instead of off disc), but that won't mean the same for more advanced systems and the various needs of software.

Thanks
    EP Points

In a word.

No.

If the specs you quoted you can't even run DS emulation smoothly. I would post the minimum requirements but I'm lazy right now.

Thanks

Thank you for summing it up for me. Honestly that saves me time that would have been wasted by dinking around with options trying to optimize the emu.