Thread: EPSXE Will not go into full screen mode correctly? It is off center and cuts it off

Thanks

Default EPSXE Will not go into full screen mode correctly? It is off center and cuts it off

I am currently using EPSXE 1.7.0, I have tried 1.6 and 1.9, to no avail. I am using Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.6, but I've tried others. I am on a Sony Vaio laptop running windows 8.1. I know I had this working correctly before, but I'm not sure what happened? I am beyond frustrated, please help!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sounds like your laptop might have a funky non-standard resolution. Not sure if Windows 8.1 is the same but in Windows 7 you can right click on desktop and click Screen Resolution. From there you find out what your screen resolution is. Now open ePSXe and under the the Config menu choose video, then configure your plugin to the desktop resolution you found earlier. If your plugin has a setting to "maintain PSX aspect ratio" or something similar, that will make your games look like they should.

Another thing to try, which might not apply, is to go into the same ePSXe config > video >configure area, and look near the bottom for special game fixes. There is one for Capcom fighting games because they commonly have clipped side areas of the screen.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.