Thread: mame on psp

Thanks

Default mame on psp

OK, so I am fairly new to mame but so far I've had no problem getting most of the games that interest me to run on various emulators on the ol PSP but two games are giving me a hard time.

Ninja Baseball Bat Man and Gunforce 2 no matter what I try just will not run. Can anyone here help a brother out? I'm running a PSP-Go with CFW-6.60 PRO-C

Thank you in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thread moved.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I've been using MAME on PSP for a while, and honestly a lot of the higher end arcade games just don't work on the PSP, it's either the machine not being powerful enough or the emulator itself just not playing them. Some games it refuses to play altogether and some have major slowdown no matter what you do.
    MAME on PSP is basically for 70's and 80's arcade games (which is good for me), I think the most advanced game I found working on it was Turtles in Time, and even then it suffers from a slight slowdown.

The best arcade emulators that work fine on PSP are CPS1, CPS2, NEOGEO (if that counts as arcade to you), and a small handful of games on FinalAlphaBurn.

Thanks

So they may just be to much for the psp to handle then? Ok, I guess that makes sense. But if anyone has any other ideas please let me know.

Thanks
    EP Points

For the current PSP emulators yeah pretty much, on the rare chance that someone is working on a way to get them to work (I would LOVE that) then *maybe* in future but there is no real way right now.
    It can't handle the CPS3 emulator for example, as even 1 and 2 are stretching the system to its' limit already.

I'm hoping to get one of those hacked Xbox systems to play various arcade games, and honestly the one I want to play first is Ninja Baseball Batman Did you hear of it from AVGN too then? I love side scrolling beatemups and weird Japanese games so it seems like it will fit me just great
    Last edited by Rich666; 31st-March-2015 at 02:05. Reason: spelling errors

Thanks

No I think I heard them talking aboot Ninja Baseball Batman on Game Sack on youtube, but I instantly needed to play it! I know i can on my lap top but I just like to use the ol PSP. But can you tell me more aboot the hacked Xbox systems?

Thanks
    EP Points

I should watch more gaming shows on youtube, I only watch a few but I do rather love them.

As for the hacked Xbox idea: Rather off topic of course but it's basically an Xbox that is hacked to run MAME and Xbox games off the hardrive etc.
    You could probably do it yourself easily enough with instructions as it's a soft-hack or whatever it's called involving a hacked game save, though personally I am going to pay someone else do it for me as they will also be putting in a new and much larger hard drive at the same time so I can fit more stuff on it myself too. (I'm not into opening systems up and would rather not ruin a system with my clumsy hands).
    Other than PC emulation it's probably your best bet on this one.