Thread: Policenauts (English patched on PS3)

Thanks

Default Policenauts (English patched on PS3)

Hey guys

I've literally spent like the last 3 days trying to get this to work. I'm running OFW and trying to get the English translated patch of Policenauts working via using ps3xport and similar.

I've downloaded the Policenauts game from the JP store and decrypted the .dat files from my backup to be left with the folder structure: http://i.imgur.com/SToyBvC.png

I see an EBOOT.PBP file in USRDIR > CONTENT but I honestly have no idea how I make this work. psxtract just errors out when looking for the header or whatever: http://puu.sh/gTKEY/f2603434c7.png so I can't get the ISO.

My original plan was to get that extracted ISO and then replace the inner files with the English patch, set it to EBOOT.PBP then reencrypt the .dat files and install to the HDD via ps3xploit.

I'm just gonna give up. If anyone out there can supply a working pkg of Policenauts patched to English I would like seriously --------
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 29th-March-2015 at 01:24. Reason: reward reference removed

Thanks

Sorry but why was the reward removed? Like nobody will ever help me without a cash reward as it's virtually going to take anybody, regardless of skill level atleast a day or so I would imagaine. Nobody will ever spend a whole day on something for free, humans do not work like this.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I do every day

I don't get paid for my help here

You could try replacing the eBoot with the one of the ones uploaded in the PSP Uploads section if it is still active (or make your own with PSX2PSP) and replacing the JAP one with it then rebuilding the pkg file

Currently there is no way of building a PSX eboot that is the same as an official PSone classics version though

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Yeah I have the game in PSP form (an EBOOT.PBP). I don't know what you mean by rebuilding the pkg file though, I'm not using that. Just replaced the EBOOT.PBP and gonna try and get it back into a bootable PS3 backup using ps3xport but no idea how to do that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Thrill3 View Post
    Sorry but why was the reward removed? Like nobody will ever help me without a cash reward as it's virtually going to take anybody, regardless of skill level atleast a day or so I would imagaine. Nobody will ever spend a whole day on something for free, humans do not work like this.
    I removed it because, as Zorlon said, we don't work like that. Offering money to receive help can be easily misunderstood as paying to get pirated games, which is wrong. I hope you understand it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Old thread bump.

It is now possible to create a conversion for PS3, even with OFW but I've only tested using backup injection method on 4.70 OFW.
    Also, I haven't tested Policenauts English translation, but I've got King's Field [JPN] English translation fully working.
    Even stole the official Japanese PSN icon & info PNGs for my conversion, plus added a generic background PNG (just a dark stone wallpaper 1920 x 1080).

You need to convert PSX bin/cue via PSX2PSP v1.4.2 first (add images for icon etc if you want).
    Then use the EBOOT.PBP you get from that with PSX Classics v2.7 (add images for icon etc again if you want to see them on PS3 XMB).

After that you can create pkg, but I didn't need to as 4.70 OFW backup injection is done with JB type files (contents extracted from pkg or PS3 game disc) using TrueAncestor Backup Retailer.

Final note:
    This is creation of PSOne Classics for PS3. I don't know of any method to replace contents of official Classics and repack (they can be extracted though).

Spoiler warning: