Thread: PCSX2 - Devil May Cry resolution issue

Thanks
    EP Points

Default PCSX2 - Devil May Cry resolution issue

So recently I've started (seriously) dabbling in PS2 emulation, and so far have been able to get a handful of games looking very slick, through a combination of the antialiasing, texture filtering etc options available through the default plugins (shade boost option is also awesome). More importantly though, I've had the option of running them at resolutions far beyond the native PS2 resolution.

Unfortunately, DMC has issues with this. While technically I can bump up the resolution, it adds a glitchy rectangle in the corner of the screen, completely obscuring your health bars etc. If it comes down to it I'll just play it as-is (or maybe even output to a CRT to help hide the jaggies), but if anyone here happens to know a workaround for this issue, I'd be eternally grateful.

EDIT: I've tried both v1.2.1 and the latest available build (v1.3.1-58), using the default video plugin in DX10 HW mode (no DX11 options available).
    Last edited by MaslowK; 27th-March-2015 at 01:30.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

When ingame, go to Option screen through the Select button, then wait about 8 seconds or more before exiting.

It is a known workaround back then, but not a permanent one of course, so everytime you boot up the game, you'll have to do the same thing over and over again.

Hopefully that works out for you.

Also IIRC, DX11 will only available if your graphic cards support up to DX11, and even if you do have it, that doesn't fix the problem as well unless you play the game on Native Resolution (or Software mode, maybe?)
    vc3 released.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for the tip, that seems to work. Though for some reason, after I've gone through a few rooms the glitchy box comes back, but doing the options menu deal gets rid of it still.

On another note I did manage to get to the first enemies and holy crap the framerate drop will definitely need to play with the resolution to find one that runs smoothly consistently.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, you can always switch to Native to fix the problem permanently (IIRC), but if you still using custom resolution, then you might have to keep doing that lol

Yeah, lowering some of your settings (scaling to 2x, disable HW hacks) will helps increase the framerate a bit, though switching to Native will makes the framerate goes almost smoothly.

Also if you haven't, try enabling the Speedhack option from the Emulation settings. Just use the Preset slidebar (between 2 or 4)at the bottom instead of manually set them up, and enable the MTVU hack as well.
    vc3 released.