Thread: First Time Gamecube Emu Problems

Thanks

Default First Time Gamecube Emu Problems

Hello all, So ive used N64 emus before and everything works fine for me. pretty straight forward. Now ive been trying to play Fire emblem path of radiance for Gamecube but i seem to be havinbg problems. I will list the steps i have done.

1 ) downloaded Dolphin 4.0.2 (64 bit)

2) downloaded Fire emblem path of radiance ISO. (rar file)

3) i run winrar on the downloaded file, into my dowloads.

4) once i run the emulator it says it cannot fine any ISO's to run. When i manually try to goto the folder in my downloads(which i extracted it to) it simply shows an empty folder.

So basically i believe my emulator is running fine. And the game download itself is fine too, im just not sure if im not extracting it right? or am i suppsed to save it a certain way. Please help. Thank you!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

look in the folder directly with windows you probably got a scene release dump

Scene release dumps are usually split archives stored inside of a single archive another words that split archive also needs to be extracted either by the first numbered file or by master rar or zip file if it has one

You may need to show known file types to see what file is what though if you use WinRAR, 7-zip is the way to go nowadays though, all you do there is open the folder with 7-zip and it will show you all the files correctly so you can see what file is what

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Sweet! yeah im not familiar with the terminology you used, but what i did is i had to click the folder again, select all the files within it and extract those as well. they were like firemblempart1, firemblempart2... etc. and then my dolphin was able to find it and play it. Running smooth now! So did i do what you said basically? Thanks btw!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

rar and zip files are archives

so for what you had you only needed to select part1 or part001 sometimes you get them named *.r00 *.r01 ect ect with a master *.rar then you extract via the *.rar file sometimes you get the same but with no master file then you extract by the first *.r00 numbered file (sometimes starts at *.r01 instead of *.r00) there is also the numbered split named *.000 *.001 ect ect then you just extract the first numbered file

* = the rest of the file name, if you are also not used to seeing that or understand what it means, essentially the other files all have the same same name so it's just what is after the . that is different

This is for future reference as scene released tend to use there own format when compressing to an archive

Anyway glad you got there and hope it was worth the messing round to get it running

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR