Page 106 of 268 FirstFirst ... 65696101102103104105106107108109110111116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 4007

Thread: The Remastered Penis-Out: Now in SUHD

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Spose' View Post
    Alright, story time.

So I have this life-long friend whom I met up with half a year ago after a long dissapearing act by me. We hang out, talk a lot, that kind of shit. I got to a part with him. We talk, he tells me he doesn't like what he's going to college for and is very depressed. I told him his happiness is worth more than a college education if it's causing him depression and he doesn't even want to do his major for a living, is only doing it because his parents want him to.

He texts me about a month later, telling me he is happier and quit college and is working. He seems much better off and he's in a great mood. I'm happy for him, we agree to hang-out, both of us neglect to actually make plans. At my sisters babyshower his mom is there, and is telling my mom and her best friend how he is using Heroin now. He was the smartest kid I know, but now is using heroin and is ruining his life now. I feel responsible for this, since I encouraged him to leave college and then abandoned him...
    People are responsible for their own shitty choices in life. You didn't force him to drop out nor did you stick a needle in his arm.

Speaking from experience incredibly smart people can do incredibly dumb shit. And getting that degree wouldn't guarantee he wouldn't ever be a user. His family's potentially oppressive/controlling nature would probably be more likely of a factor in his lack of self control/desire to act out than anything you said or did.

You did fuck all wrong and people are idiots. This fuck included.

Thanks

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    People are responsible for their own shitty choices in life. You didn't force him to drop out nor did you stick a needle in his arm.

Speaking from experience incredibly smart people can do incredibly dumb shit. And getting that degree wouldn't guarantee he wouldn't ever be a user. His family's potentially oppressive/controlling nature would probably be more likely of a factor in his lack of self control/desire to act out than anything you said or did.

You did fuck all wrong and people are idiots. This fuck included.
    Yeah, his mom is insanely controlling. I know for a while he was trying to get out of there but school prevented it. I really feel like as a long term friend I should do something to help him out...

I would assume maybe after he dropped out he struggled to find a well enough paying job and having bis mom botching at him might of pushed him to finding a new stress release.

Fuck, this is assuming it's true and his mom isn't lying. However, it would be really fucking odd to lie about your son whom you hid his weed consumption from everyone for 3 years to duddenly falsley lie about using heroin.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sup Spose.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah, his mom is insanely controlling. I know for a while he was trying to get out of there but school prevented it. I really feel like as a long term friend I should do something to help him out...

I would assume maybe after he dropped out he struggled to find a well enough paying job and having bis mom botching at him might of pushed him to finding a new stress release.

Fuck, this is assuming it's true and his mom isn't lying. However, it would be really fucking odd to lie about your son whom you hid his weed consumption from everyone for 3 years to duddenly falsley lie about using heroin.
    Feeling like it's your duty to help an addict is a big no-no. They need to seek help for themselves. The most you could do is make yourself available and if this news could reach you I doubt he's going to have much trouble finding you. I've known addicts that have turned it around and addicts that have wound up on a slab. I can no more accept credit for the former than blame for the latter because it's their shit, not mine. Wherever this goes it's his choice not yours.

Again his choice to involve his family. I could go on for hours about family shit that myself, prudence, or various other people in my life have dealt with but there's no law saying you need to have manipulators or control freaks in your life. My family is a full days drive away and they are kept out of certain aspects of my life unless I choose to involve them and certain family members are completely unwelcome to have any place in my life whatsoever. Prudence is currently in another country thousands of miles from her family and has had to make some pretty tough calls about which family to involve and when in the last 5 years. Geographical, physical, and emotional distance is entirely possible for anyone. Dude is an adult. If he fails at being an adult that's on his ass. If she's sabotaging him it's because he's letting her.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So how about those games. With your pokey mans and battlefrogs and sanics

Thanks
    EP Points

Feeling like it's your duty to help an addict is a big no-no. They need to seek help for themselves. The most you could do is make yourself available and if this news could reach you I doubt he's going to have much trouble finding you. I've known addicts that have turned it around and addicts that have wound up on a slab. I can no more accept credit for the former than blame for the latter because it's their shit, not mine. Wherever this goes it's his choice not yours.

Again his choice to involve his family. I could go on for hours about family shit that myself, prudence, or various other people in my life have dealt with but there's no law saying you need to have manipulators or control freaks in your life. My family is a full days drive away and they are kept out of certain aspects of my life unless I choose to involve them and certain family members are completely unwelcome to have any place in my life whatsoever. Prudence is currently in another country thousands of miles from her family and has had to make some pretty tough calls about which family to involve and when in the last 5 years. Geographical, physical, and emotional distance is entirely possible for anyone. Dude is an adult. If he fails at being an adult that's on his ass. If she's sabotaging him it's because he's letting her.
    I can see your point. My feelings are probably because most of the people I do consider friends, are all people I grew up with. Seeing them going down a potentially very dark road is scary. Especially when I have a lot of family members who have been addicted to it and other hard drugs. Shit's scary, especially as a little kid growing up around it. Granted, I am still a kid, not matter how much I kid myself by being independent as possible.

Honestly, this is probably the first time somethings happened that made me realize I'm not a kid ignorant to every aspect of the world anymore. I never thought I would hear about a childhood friend having an addiction to such a hard drug anytime soon. Hell, for a long while I thought that was where I was going to end up, but I avoided it.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to this shit, I always value your opinion highly on life-based matters.

Thanks
    EP Points

So how about those games. With your pokey mans and battlefrogs and sanics
    GTAV Pc is better aight.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I can see your point. My feelings are probably because most of the people I do consider friends, are all people I grew up with. Seeing them going down a potentially very dark road is scary. Especially when I have a lot of family members who have been addicted to it and other hard drugs. Shit's scary, especially as a little kid growing up around it. Granted, I am still a kid, not matter how much I kid myself by being independent as possible.

Honestly, this is probably the first time somethings happened that made me realize I'm not a kid ignorant to every aspect of the world anymore. I never thought I would hear about a childhood friend having an addiction to such a hard drug anytime soon. Hell, for a long while I thought that was where I was going to end up, but I avoided it.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to this shit, I always value your opinion highly on life-based matters.
    I don't think people stop being kids so much as they just get a lot better at pretending to be adults. /almost 30.

Wait til your childhood friends have kids. Not just babies but full on 8, 10 year olds. Then the old man sets in. Like when I remember my nephew finishes high school soon and FUCK I WANT A DRINK RIGHT NOW.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I don't think people stop being kids so much as they just get a lot better at pretending to be adults. /almost 30.
    Many people I guess. But then you get the odd random freak that acts old their whole life, even as a kid.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Many people I guess. But then you get the odd random freak that acts old their whole life, even as a kid.
    Born old, like sprung?

Thanks
    EP Points

Born old, like sprung?
    Imagine if he had Mass Effect when he was 6.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Imagine if he had Mass Effect when he was 6.
    When he was 6 his messianic metaphor was an actual messiah. Less crucible, more crucifixion.

Thanks
    EP Points

When he was 6 his messianic metaphor was an actual messiah. Less crucible, more crucifixion.
    I bet his college days he was smoking fatties with Buddha.