Thread: how the hell do I transfer Pokemon Platinum savefiles/battery/states/emulator to a USB safely?

Thanks

Default how the hell do I transfer Pokemon Platinum savefiles/battery/states/emulator to a USB safely?

My computer has a severe virus and I probably will have to do system recovery. So all files will be obliterated. However I'm doing a nuzlocke of platinum and I really don't want to lose my save file as starting over negates the whole idea of a nuzlocke. I was so worried I would lose my save files, I downloaded another version of desmume, and also started a Diamond rom and saved it just to test out if it would work on a usb. Put it on the usb, then put my new emulator in the recycle bin. My save file didn't recover, so I was took to the 'new game' screen, but my save states were still there so it was ok. Then I put platinum and it's desmume emulator on my usb, then put them in my recycle bin, and tried to import those files back onto my computer. Basically the same thing I did before with the "test" files. When I tried to load the rom, my emulator did not recognize the file, and asked me if I wanted to clear it from the recent ROM list. I don't know what to do? I still have the files (I restored them from the recycle bin). Either there's no easy way to export and import your files, or I suck ass at computers and details. Someone PLEASE respond.

Can I PLEASE, PLEASE get a response. I've been reading about my virus and it's severe enough to cause major problems to my system very quickly. So I'm running out of time.

BUMP
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 20th-March-2015 at 13:37. Reason: multiple posting in a row isn't allowed, don't do it again.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm going to guess that either your USB device is faulty, or the USB port you're using is. I'd try all the USB ports and then a whole new device.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    I'm going to guess that either your USB device is faulty, or the USB port you're using is. I'd try all the USB ports and then a whole new device.
    yeah but it worked with my diamond "test rom" backup. granted, the playtime was vastly lower than my platinum, hence it being a test rom, but still...the coding/save names were the same. it's weird.