Thread: NeoGeo Bios not recognized by Mame Plus!

Thanks
    EP Points

Default NeoGeo Bios not recognized by Mame Plus!

I am using Mame Plus! v0.159 the problem I have is the Neogeo bios is not working properly and all neogeo roms are listed as unavailable even though I can play them.
    I would like to know where to find a bios that works with Mame Plus! so I can go back to filtering out unavailable roms without losing the neogeo's

Audit states:

neogeo : neodebug.rom (131072 bytes) - NOT FOUND
    neogeo : neo-epo.sp1 (131072 bytes) - NOT FOUND
    neogeo : neo-po.sp1 (131072 bytes) - NOT FOUND
    neogeo : 000-lo.lo (131072 bytes) - NOT FOUND

These files ARE in the neogeo.zip but mame plus! won't accept them. Vanilla Mame accepts the bios but I like using 3xBRZ filtering instead of stock standard bilinear or HLSL
    Last edited by hoover1979; 16th-March-2015 at 17:56.

Thanks
    EP Points

http://www.emuparadise.me/M.A.M.E._-.../Neo-Geo/15030

ok, so i downloaded and checked and the files you mentioned aren't in the neo-geo bios zip linked above.

not sure how useful it is given i use MAMEUI64 and not Plus! but i just tested the bios rom and it started up with no missing file messages or anything so maybe try the link above and see if that works. also, this was version 1.54 of MAME that i used.

my guess is you have the wrong bios files or something.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

MAME Plus requires a modded bios, here is the one from Final Burn Alpha 029735,

neogeo.zip

I am also using the latest MAME Plus got off of emucr , just stick that in a separate directory and when mame starts to audit close Mame plus then open it again audit the neogeo set only and all the neogeo roms in the normal mame set will be found and working.

Do you know about the universe bios?

If not, its the best thing to hit neogeo since well........the neogeo

if you want to know how to use it in MAME or FBA feel free to ask, it REALLY enhances the neogeo experience.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.