Thread: Problem with Sega Saturn US BIOS rom.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Problem with Sega Saturn US BIOS rom.

At http://www.emuparadise.me/links-and-...BIOS_Pack/1295 you can supposedly download a complete pack of BIOS roms. I noticed though that I get the same Sega Saturn using both the US and Japanese BIOS roms, which should not be happening, because I know they have 2 different logos based on what I've read online about the difference between US and Japanese Saturn consoles. Specifically I find I'm getting the Japanese logo when using the US BIOS. After comparing the Japanese BIOS rom with the US BIOS rom using HxD hex editor software (which has a file comparison feature, that does a byte-to-byte comparison between files), I discovered the US and Japanese BIOS roms provided in this BIOS pack are EXACTLY IDENTICAL, BYTE-FOR-BYTE IDENTICAL!

I do not know who was responsible for uploading this BIOS pack to Emuparadise, but they made a big mistake. They provided TWO COPIES of the Japanese BIOS, and labeled one of them as the US BIOS. Please (this request goes to the Emuparadise admin who's responsible for the page http://www.emuparadise.me/links-and-...BIOS_Pack/1295) add some text to that page explaining this error. Also please scour the internet, and try to find a correct US BIOS, put it together with the other BIOSes in this pack, and make your own BIOS pack, then delete the current BIOS pack on that webpage, and put your own CORRECT BIOS pack in its place, so that others can download it, and not be shocked to find that they are getting the wrong BIOS for the game they want to play (as you well know, US games don't work on Japanese BIOS systems, and Japanese games don't work on US BIOS systems, and even if they work on emulators it's kind of jarring to see the Japanese logo on bootup when you are trying to play a US game, or see the US logo on bootup when you are trying to play a Japanese game, or at least it's jarring for people like me who want to play games the "correct" way and are uber nerds about this kind of thing).
    Last edited by Videogamer555; 15th-March-2015 at 23:05.