Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proudest gaming achievement(s)?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Proudest gaming achievement(s)?

While grinding out my accolades (for the platinum trophy) in DriveClub I had a pretty good idea for a thread. What are your proudest gaming achievement(s)? I don't even mean achievements or trophies, I just mean what have you accomplished in a game you're proud of?

I've just been repeating a drift event at Chile in DriveClub over and over to get the trophy and I've been creeping up the global leaderboard. I'm now ranked 47 on this track's leaderboard.

Untitled.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

That's nothing compared to the ranks you reached when you played Gears of War 2.

As for me, I felt really good when I beat White Angel in Ridge Racer Revolution back then. And getting the in Demon's Souls more recently (Go Theo!)

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm sure I'll have more but the one that comes to mind right now is beating Yiazmat in FF12. No tricks or anything just very careful running back and forth.

Thanks
    EP Points

Beating Hitoshura in SMT: Digital Devil Story.
    And while Satan in the sequel was hard as hell too, this striped bastard was much, much worse.
    To add the salt to injury, all this fight for him - just another usual enemy encounter. Ugh.
    Also, completing "Surf's Up" mission in VtM:Bloodlines without killing anyone(sneak around, turn off the lights, then sneak in and out, stealing all that I could). After all those years it doesn't seem that hard anymore, but back then I was really proud of this one.
    There is most likely more, but these two came to mind first.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

A couple that come to mind are Killzone 2 Elite difficulty (but I still haven't finished all the mp stuff), and CoD WaW Veteran difficulty and eventual
    I guess Enemy Front too, and recently I was pretty happy about Alien Isolation

There are probably others but that's all that I can think of atm.

Oh, Sniper Elite III Authentic difficulty solo was definitely challenging.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 9th-March-2015 at 22:41.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

2 things instantly come to mind. in Grenades at War I mean World at War and God of War III

Doing GoW III on hard mode in that box you get into in the labyrinth part with no checkpoints and your constantly fighting all sorts of enemies for 30 minutes straight. Yeah, F that. Y'all know what I'm talking about if you've played too.

A non platinum run moment would be when I played FF XIII and fought Barthandalus for the first time. Mofo took weeks to beat and it took a few lucky critical strikes. I found out that was the first of many fights with him from friends who had beat the game and that is when I decided I was done with FF XIII. lol.
    Last edited by Ktiger41; 9th-March-2015 at 22:50.

Thanks
    EP Points

Getting the silent assassin ranks on two hitman 3 contracts missions: Asylum Aftermath and Slaying A Dragon.

Finishing Grayback's Journey in Battle Realms WOTW for the 2nd time.

Cant think of anything else atm. That's it for now

Thanks
    EP Points

Ah two mentions for Call of Duty World at War on veteran, good call. I did it twice I think, and it wasn't even on this account (I was mental constantly changing accounts), Killzone 2's elite is one I've never tried, I did hear horror stories of how hard it was though.

EDIT: It appears in DriveClub I'm that rank on that track, but only in that car. Which is a Hennessey Venom GT, I'm now up to rank 17 I think. But overall for my drift score I'm around 1400 globally across all cars.
    Last edited by Inferno.; 10th-March-2015 at 19:32.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Beat Contra without dying a bunch of times. Ditto Super C. Ditto Rush'n'attack. Ditto Castlevania. Ditto Castlevania III. I think I've beaten Contra IV on hard without dying as well, but not remembering for sure really bugs me. Then, just beating Contra IV on hard at all is an accomplishment in itself (thing is though, if you die any time near the end, chances are you're gonna get fucked due to having lost your weapons).

Yup. KING OF 2D-GAMING! Konami even told me so.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

My lonely platinum on Destiny I felt pretty good about getting. It isn't extremely difficult, a shit ton of grind, but it requires having good teammates for the deathless raid trophy, we were so happy when we finally got that done. Especially since we had like 5-6 previous attempts that got really close only to be screwed by bugs.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Rizer View Post
    Beat Contra without dying a bunch of times. Ditto Super C. Ditto Rush'n'attack. Ditto Castlevania. Ditto Castlevania III. I think I've beaten Contra IV on hard without dying as well, but not remembering for sure really bugs me. Then, just beating Contra IV on hard at all is an accomplishment in itself (thing is though, if you die any time near the end, chances are you're gonna get fucked due to having lost your weapons).

Yup. KING OF 2D-GAMING! Konami even told me so.
    Beating Castlevania without dying is a helluva lot harder than Contra. Holy shit. I have a helluva time beating those games while abusing continues, let alone no-death. I have beaten Super C only dying twice though! So there's that.

I'd say my actual proudest achievement is my Batman NES speedrun in 11:51. I should work on improving that time again, haven't played the game for a few months now...

Thanks

i recently won an online MANIC MINER competition on google+.30 years of playing on zx spectrum finally paid off.
    mspic4.jpg

Thanks
    EP Points

100%'ing the original Super Mario Bros., specifically the GBC "DX" version (which has saves), plus the 2nd playthrough with the buzzy beetles. Maybe I just suck balls at platformers but srsly, some of those last levels are tough as nails
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

I've got a boat load of accomplishments:

Fighters Destiny Unlocking Joker

Castlevania 64 Beating the game (castle center nuff said)

Mario Strikers Charged Striker Cup on Normal and Extreme

Mega Man 2 on Difficult

Sonic Adventure DX and Adventure 2 all emblems

All Game Gear titles 100% on Sonic DX

FF5 mastery of all jobs and killed Omega & Shinryu

Zelda Minish Cap 100% them figurines (

Link to the Past Four Swords Palace of Four Swords.

Perfect Dark all Perfect Agents

Pokemon in general completed pokedex

Thats all 4 now
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemongenius View Post
    Castlevania 64 Beating the game (castle center nuff said)
    I haven't played that in a while, but I'm guessing you're talking about the part where you can't jump or be hit or you'll blow up right? That part was definitely annoying, but not nearly as difficult as the bit with the laser sentries or the platforming section on those big ass crystals IMO.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"