Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Megaman X3 / Rockman X3 PSP 6.60 and ALL THE AGGRAVATING THINGS. PLEASE HELP. Please?

Thanks

Exclamation Megaman X3 / Rockman X3 PSP 6.60 and ALL THE AGGRAVATING THINGS. PLEASE HELP. Please?

Ok, so where do I start? How about "I have Megaman X4, X5, and X6 on my PSP and I love all of them." I have a PSP 3001 running 6.60 PRO-B10, and it runs all of those games just perfectly.

Now, with Megaman X3 (PAL) or Rockman X3 (J), I cannot seem to find ANY working EBOOT files on the entire internet. I know the game wasn't released in the US as a standalone PS1 game, and only came out with the FMV sequences when X Collection was released, so I know there's no US-region version of Megaman X3 on PS1.

That said, I would like to experience the game with music in a portable fashion.

The only working PSP download of the game, which seems to come from nicoblog, HAS NO MUSIC. It also seems to be very picky about which pops it will run under.

*deep breath*

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THERE HAS BEEN ANY SORT OF DEVELOPMENT IN TERMS OF FINDING A FIX FOR THIS PROBLEM?!?!?

I have literally taken up 30 Gigabytes of memory on my hard drive trying different eboot versions of this thing, and I gave up a year ago, but I decided I'd try again, because I want to put this game on my PSP dammit.

SO: Has ANYONE gotten either Megaman X3 PS1 Eboot or Rockman X3 PS1 Eboot to run, with music, without crashing, on a PSP that is NOT 5.50 GEN 3 blaghraphlarglarghor earlier? In fact, has anyone gotten MMX3 or RMX3 to work on 6.60 PRO-B10 or later?

I don't care whether it's Megaman x3 or Rockman x3. Both have great FMV sequences with great music. I tend to favor Rockman x3 in terms of music just because the credits song is beautiful, but in this situation? I WILL TAKE WHAT I CAN GET.

*huffs and puffs*

Thank you for reading and hopefully providing some answers, and I hope you have a pleasant day.

Thanks
    EP Points

As Sony updated the PSPs firmware, compatibility with certain PS1 games got broken along the way. For many of them, you'll want to be running a plugin called popsloader; it allows you to use the PS1 profiles from earlier firmware versions. I'm looking at this compatibility list, and both Rockman X3 and the european Megaman X3 are listed as working under the v3.52 profile.

You can find a proper tutorial for popsloader here: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7410

On the off-chance that doesn't help, have you looked into manually converting a Megaman X3 ISO into eboot format? Something like auto-popstation should work, and help you build a proper copy.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Thank you so much. I've just found out that my PSP is 04g (Edit: I knew it was a 3001 when I bought it, I just didn't know there was something that had to be identified secondarily). Hopefully with what you've posted I'll be able to get MMX3/RMX3 running with the music files and FMVs intact on this system.

Tried using PSX2PSP 1.4.2 to create my MMX3 from one I got from The ISO zone labeled "Megaman X3 PS1 (fixed)" which came in .bin and .cue format.

I used custom ICON0, PIC1, and Boot/warning images, so no PMF or anything like that. Compression was put at "0 (none)" and it came out as a 688 mb file. I tried it on 3.52, 3.51, 3.01, and I believe 3.00 as well, but all loaded a black screen where not even the home button would work and I would have to power off the PSP.

I'm going to try the auto-popstation now.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-March-2015 at 08:33.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

please post back if you still have issues I will have a go of this myself and do some tests for you

I'm on 6.60 Pro C with fix 3 applied

Might e worth updating your Pro hack to the same but do not update to Pro C-2 though that breaks official PSone Classics, that I use instead of converts if I can help it (Not all the games have had an official PSone Classics release)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Just tried running various versions of Megaman X3 on my ePSXe 1.6.0 (tested the emulator for problems, Megaman 8 runs fine, same with Digimon Digital Card Battle) and nothing works. I can't even get Rockman X3 to work.

I have various .bin and .ape files, but no .cue file for any of the versions of the game. Not even the game stored on EP's servers has a .cue file. Just a bunch of .bin and .ape files.

I'm seriously confused now.

EDIT: Just redownloaded Mega Man X3 (E) [SLES-00503] from Emuparadise's server, and tried PakkISO for the first time. I used Unpack ISO, and it gave me 32 .bin files labeled "Mega Man X3 (E) (Track XX) [SLES-00503].bin" with XX going from 01 to 32.

The total filesize is 687 MB.

There is no .cue file.

I'm very frustrated.

ARGH. I have now downloaded the Cues and Sbis zip from your ECM And APE Guide, and even with the .cue files, ePSXe is just stopping after "CAPCOM" becomes "NOW LOADING".

This is driving me nuts.

Gonna see if I can Unpack ISO Rockman X3 quickly and test that one.

I have all the necessary bios files and everything, so I have no idea what's going on.

EDIT: I used UltraISO to try and recompile the 32 bin files into a single .iso file, but I got a warning that multitrack information would be lost if I did that, so I combined them into a total of one .bin and one .cue, and this was done with Rockman X3 this time. I tried running it in ePSXe, and absolutely nothing happened. Still showed the Capcom logo, went to Now Loading, and got stuck.

I am at a complete loss for what to do.

None of the versions seem to do anything except get stuck at "Now Loading" on the ePSXe emulator (running win 8, tried compatibility mode for XP, no difference), and compiling these seemingly worthless images into EBOOT format for my PSP has been entirely fruitless.

Any ideas?

EDIT 2: I just tried the "Fixed" one I got from The ISO Zone, and it still locks up at the "Now Loading" screen on ePSXe. I thought I should mention, however, that every single version of the game I have tried always makes my laptop's hard drive spin up, so the fan starts blowing harder than normal. No other PS1 game I have does this. Is it possible I have a collection of really bad rips of Megaman X3 and Rockman X3?

I just had a brain spark. I think the only way I've ever gotten Megaman X3 to work, was actually as Rockman X3 for Saturn, because that's the only one that doesn't come as a bunch of .ape and .bin files but rather comes as a .bin and .cue file.

So that begs the question: How the crap did this guy get it to work even on 5.50 GEN-D3?

I can't even find a working game on either Emuparadise or anywhere else! What gives?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-March-2015 at 08:17.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hold on I will get this working myself

by the sounds of it you are not understanding how to get the game extracted correctly to start with anyway

see http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?57757 for information on how to convert ecm ape file combo's fully, use the software linked there also, instead of UltraISO

Also do not multi post just use Edit Post instead located on the lower right of your posts

EDIT:- I got this playing first time on my PSP though I don't seem to have CDDA playing so will try a few things out when get home from work
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-March-2015 at 09:25.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Okay, I've done literally everything you said. I used the ECM and APE topic you made, I followed every step to the best of my ability, and neither Rockman X3 nor Megaman X3 will continue past "NOW LOADING" after the Capcom Logo (and Virgin interactive for the EU version) on my ePSXe 1.6.0, and I assume that with that lack of functionality, they won't work on my PSP either.

I'm going to try compiling Megaman X3 into an EBOOT using three images, which I will add here:X3_ICON0.pngX3_PIC1.jpgBootBG.jpg

Compression level using PSX2PSP will be set to 0.

I will also list every POPS I use (I got them in a pack called Popstation 6.XX PRO Pack from dashhacks)

The attempts will be shown in this post as edits.

Here goes nothing...

EDIT 1: Used Auto Popstation 4 PSX2PSP 1.4.2 and the Megaman X3 from EP's servers (Auto Popstation wouldn't work and tried to access system folders and scrolled text ridiculously, so I decided against messing with it) to create an Eboot, and I tried it without holding R to access the various popstation versions. It went to a black screen without showing the PS logo and would not load. I immediately tried Pops 3.52 after that, and the same thing happened: black screen without even showing the PS logo. Both times the home button would not work at the black screen.

EDIT 2: Used POPStationGUI 3 Beta with the Megaman X3 .bin/.cue like the PSX2PSP attempt, and:
    -no pops (not holding R on game access) *crashed
    -3.52 pops *crashed.
    -5.50 pops *crashed.
    -3.72 pops *crashed.

*crashed=black screen and I need to hold power to turn off my PSP so I can retry.
    Last edited by jomon; 9th-March-2015 at 02:00. Reason: Wanted to add the link for where I got my popstation pack (iirc)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Hold on I will get this working myself

by the sounds of it you are not understanding how to get the game extracted correctly to start with anyway

see http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?57757 for information on how to convert ecm ape file combo's fully, use the software linked there also, instead of UltraISO

Also do not multi post just use Edit Post instead located on the lower right of your posts

EDIT:- I got this playing first time on my PSP though I don't seem to have CDDA playing so will try a few things out when get home from work
    I had a quick look and there's a plugin that fixes CDDA in Popsloader for all firmwares (I think): CDDA Enabler v2.
    Release link:
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. If you look at the instructions it tells you to rip in CloneCD format, mount and then convert using PSX2PSP 1.4.2.

Note: remove the link if you want.

Spoiler warning:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That plugin sounds promising. Now if I could only get the game to run at all. XD

That said, I really appreciate the help from Zorlon thus far.

Thanks for the plugin link, Deadlegion!

Thanks
    EP Points

Please note that when I said "I had a quick look" I meant googling and reading.
    I don't play PSX games on my PSP, I use the original console...and Mega Man doesn't interest me personally.

Spoiler warning:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by jomon View Post
    That plugin sounds promising. Now if I could only get the game to run at all. XD

That said, I really appreciate the help from Zorlon thus far.

Thanks for the plugin link, Deadlegion!
    Just follow the instructions for extracting ecm/ape converts it will then work

P.S. the plugin works fine and that was from the ecm/ape convert to a single bin+cue so now it work with cdda aswell

I used 5.51 in popsloader

I can do a convert using the images you want though I guess

P.S. this does work in ePSXe also just fine

I hope you are not still trying to use UltraISO that is no good for PSX/PSone images with xa headers as it destroys them making the games unpolayabbble
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-March-2015 at 05:22.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Well if that plugin works ok I might grab it and create a thread in uploads for it. It looks small enough to be an attachment.
    What do you think Zorlon, is it worth doing or not worry about it?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Just follow the instructions for extracting ecm/ape converts it will then work

P.S. the plugin works fine and that was from the ecm/ape convert to a single bin+cue so now it work with cdda aswell

I used 5.51 in popsloader

I can do a convert using the images you want though I guess

P.S. this does work in ePSXe also just fine

I hope you are not still trying to use UltraISO that is no good for PSX/PSone images with xa headers as it destroys them making the games unpolayabbble
    I've literally been following word-for-word every step you have here, and no matter what happens, I've re-downloaded Megaman X3 from Emuparadise's servers at least twice now, and I still cannot get it to run in ePSXe 1.6.0 nor can I get it to run on my PSP.

I have not used UltraISO since you told me to stop using it, which means I've only used it once since I started this thread.

Also, I've been told that on PSP 3000 4g models, some pops versions don't work, the example I was given was 3.72. I'm not sure if 5.51 works, since I haven't tried that one. I'll try it and let you know.

EDIT: I'm not sure how valid this still is, but the first paragraph of this is something I've been thinking about. I'm not sure if it's still applicable as of 6.60 PRO B10, but it could be.

EDIT 2: Just tried pops 5.51 (not sure if I have a working one or not, have no idea how to tell if the wololo link I provided is true or not) and it went to blackscreen without the PS logo and I had to power off my PSP by holding the switch.
    Last edited by jomon; 9th-March-2015 at 06:36.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

ePSXe 1.6.0 is very out of date and would not play CDDA anyway unless you burn or mount the image, this was also noted in the guide

tested ePSXe 1.6.0 and it does indeed freeze at the Now Loading screen if it does not see the CDDA tracks

ePSXe 1.6.0 can not see the CDDA tracks from Run ISO but works just fine from Run CD-Rom with the disc mounted in Daemon Tools Lite

P.S. I uploaded a full collection of modules over at http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?90067 for use with popsloader

I would be inclined to trust the info there but the v4 is kind of 50/50 with pops

6.20 also lets you play this game though

I tend to hit the 5.XX firmware for playing PSX-PSP converts myself but I do own a 2K PSP a 2002 model to be exact
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-March-2015 at 08:39.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Hey guys, I got it to work! Both Rockman X3 and Megaman X3 now work perfectly!

Deadlegion, I used the link to the plugin you provided, and it turned out to be exactly what I needed.

I also realized that I had been derping hardcore by trying to use ePSXe 1.6.0 and ISOs; I was using the ISO function and not the Run CD function because ePSXe didn't seem to have an option to determine which "drive" the CD was in and would default to the physical drive instead of the Daemon Tools one.

I think it also had to do with me replacing all of my Pops modules with the ones you provided, Zorlon.

I also had to reread the instructions provided by Total_Noob since I realized I was making the mistake of using 0 compression in PSX2PSP 1.4.2.

Once I fixed all of those things and turned on the ccda enabler, the games just run perfectly!

Thank you both so much for your help. I've been wanting to play this game for probably 3 years now, so it's great to finally be able to and not be tethered to a TV or PC.

I might come back later and add in some edits just to clarify anything so that people who have problems with the game on their own can see exactly what I had to change.

Thanks again guys!