Thread: Halo 2 has no Text & GTA San Andreas freezes on Title Screen

Thanks

Default Halo 2 has no Text & GTA San Andreas freezes on Title Screen

Ok so I started posting about this over on the Halo 2 download page, but was told to move here, so ANYWAYS. The scenario is I have softmodded my buddy's xbox using the old hotswap method exactly as outlined here. All went well, no issues on that end, so I get to Unleash X I use my laptop to grab wifi, then spread it through an old 10/100 hub I have for that exact purpose. It gets an IP through DHCP with no problems, then I FTP my games to the F drive using filezilla. All goes well and dandy with 2 exceptions; Halo 2 and GTA San Andreas. Now for each of these games, I'm at witts end. I've tried everything, ripping the games from my discs and ftping them to that xbox, (his xbox's disc tray is 100% busted), I've tried downloading several different ISO's and extracting them and moving them to that harddrive, as well as fiddling with the DLC and save files incase one of those things got corrupted, but nothing. They always have the same issues. I need help and bad, my friend is getting agitated that his console's not done yet and I'm annoyed that I can't figure this out... This is the third xbox I've modded and the only one that has given me this kind of trouble.
    Some Visuals for what Halo 2 is doing (GTA SA is pretty self explanatory)
    IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0287.jpg

As you can see this is clearly not correct. Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

If it's just 2 games you have to sort out then did you try swapping over optical drives and dumping from the discs?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    If it's just 2 games you have to sort out then did you try swapping over optical drives and dumping from the discs?
    I have, but it still happens, even tried running them from the disc tray, same problem...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Odd, I have a hardmodded v1.6 and I don't recall any problems with either of these games. Via disc or HDD.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Odd, I have a hardmodded v1.6 and I don't recall any problems with either of these games. Via disc or HDD.
    I know, I have 2 other xboxes both softmodded the same way, and they have absolutely no issues like this at all, its really annoying me, I'm about ready to tell him to get the PC versions of those games and apologize, but I still thought to try a bit and see if anyone else had this issue. Googling only got me so far, and one other site I saw with support for this issue told them to just get a different xbox and thats not really an option... :/

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

get yourself avalaunch copy it to your apps folder (it is a dash but I just use it as an app as I like XBMC as my dash)

You can use avalaunch though as your dash dashboards like unleash and evox are a little sucky

if a game is not already in xbox iso format then just convert the game files into an xbox iso with qwix

ftp via qwix direct from the iso image while you have avalaunch open not only does it have faster FTP access but it is much more reliable and games tend to be more readable and work as they should do

I will offer more help after work though if any is needed...
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-March-2015 at 14:14.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    get yourself avalaunch copy it to your apps folder (it is a dash but I just use it as an app as I like XBMC as my dash)

You can use avalaunch though as your dash dashboards like unleash and evox are a little sucky

if a game is not already in xbox iso format then just convert the game files into an xbox iso with qwix

ftp via qwix direct from the iso image while you have avalaunch open not only does it have faster FTP access but it is much more reliable and games tend to be more readable and work as they should do

I will offer more help after work though if any is needed...
    Yeah it still isn't working correctly even with avalaunch, I think I might have to just tell him to get the pc version

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Have you tried playing those via avalaunch itself instead of from Unleash X that to be honest is outdated anyway

qwix should of also patched the main exec for you to run from HDD media instead of DVD media, just another reason to use qwix

P.S. Sorry I missed your post until now

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Have you tried playing those via avalaunch itself instead of from Unleash X that to be honest is outdated anyway

qwix should of also patched the main exec for you to run from HDD media instead of DVD media, just another reason to use qwix

P.S. Sorry I missed your post until now
    Yeah that's what I ended up doing, still didn't work, oh well. He decided he wanted it back yesterday, so I had to give it back, he's just gonna buy the pc version which works I guess, thanks for your help dude.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Such a shame I could not resolve this

For this I am sorry...

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]