Thread: jEnesisDS does not see my Genesis roms?

Thanks

Default jEnesisDS does not see my Genesis roms?

Hi again peoples. I'm trying to get jEnesisDS, a sega genesis emulator for NDS, to work. It starts up fine but when I go to the directory with my roms, nothing is there.

Edit: I figured it out. For anyone with the same problem who finds this thread, here's the problem and solution:

Your genesis roms are probably in a format other than "bin". Mine were .md which is, I think, all you'll find on on emuparadise. I used a program called SBWin to convert all my roms. Be careful when converting multiple roms; I did and tried opening Cadash in jEnesisDS and got Battletoads.
    Last edited by korisblue; 15th-February-2015 at 06:42.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

*.md are the same format as *.bin as it happens so just creating a text file containing
    ren *.md *.bin

saving that as a .bat file in the same folder as the *.md files and double clicking it to run would of renamed every *.md rom to *.bin without changing the rest of the file names

ren = rename
    *.md = only looks at the .md part of the file name
    *.bin = only changes the .md part to .bin in the file name

it's an old dos command that still works in the latest version of Windows

I would of answered this had I seen it

If I remember correctly this must of been a No-Intro dump set that used *.md instead of *.bin, not sure why they done that it's not a commonly used file ext to use for Megadrive/Genesis games with emulation or flashing

Another method is to change the file names looked for in the dat for that set and set the scanning software (usually Clrmamepro or Romcenter) and let that software change all the file names for you but that can take some time to do that as it would be extracting, renaming and then re-compressing, because both clrmamepro and romcenter mostly look at hash checks it is not an issue to do it that way and the dat files are normally easy enough to edit in notepad, though can take a small amount of extra time to open due to the size of them but once open a simple find and replace should work fine Find .md Replace .bin should would work just fine, this may seem a bit long winded but for a perm way to rename the collection it's not a bad way to do it.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-February-2015 at 19:55.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: