Thread: Psox, Memory Card Images, And Softmodding

Thanks

Default Psox, Memory Card Images, And Softmodding

Hi, I've been looking around for a way to play PSOX offline... (I already own the DC, PC, and GC versions, looking to play specifically PSOX) and so far it seems like I have a couple options:

-Softmod the xbox
    -Hardmod the xbox
    -Transfer a gamertag to a memory card
    -Activate a new gamertag via Xbox Live (As far as I know, it's impossible with official XBL and not emulated by XBConnect / XLink)

I found a topic:
    https://www.assemblergames.com/forum...Gamertag/page2

And so far it seems to be the ONLY tutorial on the 'net on how to 'install a gamertag' onto the xbox memory card.

softmodding the xbox seems a little difficult for me at the moment... (No SP, MA, 007 atm.. These are the only ways right? I cant do it straight from a flashdrive?)

Would it be possible to actually upload an xbox memory image PRE-patched with a gamertag and just "Drive" >> Restore Image of the pre-patched one?

Thanks for any info! :3

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...d%29-EP-Hosted

You'll need a modded Xbox, either softmod or chipped.
    I haven't played the game extensively but I don't recall any of the issues you're talking about (gamertag, memory image).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

PSO needs a gamertag to be loaded onto the xbox to actually even start up the game. I guess it was some thing to get people to sign up for it a long time ago.

All I need is to have a gamertag loaded onto the xbox.

You can transfer gamertags from one xbox to another via memory card.

https://www.assemblergames.com/forum...Gamertag/page2

^ This topic has info about literally dumping the info from a memory card, adding the gamertag, resaving it, then loading it back onto the xbox.

All the xbox has to do is be like "Yup, there's a gamertag!"

Which i dont think would require modding. Just editing of the memorycard data itself.

As much as I'd like to just softmod it, i dont have the tools for it. I did send a message to a guy who said he sells the softmod kit for $5.. Haven't heard back yet.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well the offline stuff works. I know because I looked at the game myself.
    Never had the game retail, only ever used a dump (running off the HDD iirc). Don't recall having used live until I got a 360

I think Zorlon's version auto-creates a hacked profile.

So going by what you're saying I can only assume you have an original retail copy of the game. Because a dump + modded console works.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Well the offline stuff works. I know because I looked at the game myself.
    Never had the game retail, only ever used a dump (running off the HDD iirc). Don't recall having used live until I got a 360

I think Zorlon's version auto-creates a hacked profile.

So going by what you're saying I can only assume you have an original retail copy of the game. Because a dump + modded console works.

Yup, i have a real copy. You're right, his version auto creates a profile (Or bypasses the requirement at least anyway)

Have there been any other exploits other than 007 / Ma / Sc?

The closest thing to those I have are MA: Platinum, and 007: Everything or nothing

and these:

http://vgcollect.com/caiterz/xbox/

So other than using those 3 games, no other way?

I think i saw something about taking the IDE HD out and hooking it up to a computer or something... or was that something different?
    Last edited by Caiterz; 11th-February-2015 at 00:11.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Caiterz View Post
    I think i saw something about taking the IDE HD out and hooking it up to a computer or something... or was that something different?
    That would be the hot-swap method I guess
    I honestly don't know much about all the softmod options. I do have an official MU + retail Splinter Cell, and a USB modified controller.
    My main console is chipped, I do have a spare but that's still virgin atm.

I have retail Mechassault too.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 11th-February-2015 at 00:54.

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hot Swap and PC IDE methods are not for direct modding
    Hot Swap and PC IDE can be used to clone a drive though (typically done to replace the drive with a bigger one as the stock drive is only 8GB) or format a drive with a softmod (you still need a HDD lock code for the xbox though so can't be used to mod a virgin xbox directly)

To get this code you either need to mod the console via 1 of the 3 games or use a special tool that you can either buy or buy the parts to make your own that takes the code directly from the main xbox board, via a serial PC port, naturally you need an older PC to use that and XP installed if I remember correctly

To be honest it is cheaper just to buy the game required

I have used the PC IDE method though myself to change the lock on an HDD to move it to a new xbox and to clone a drive also, but the lock file is a must otherwise you end up with an HDD that can't be used and follows that the xbox can no longer be used either

PSO has a hacked game account built into the main xbe, you can download the xbe on it's own I did upload that even the offline mode though with a retail copy even if you have an xbox live account still can't be played offline as it needs to access the account online that is not possible now, unless you use the hacked xbe that bypasses the online check and has the hacked game account that you can create your characters on.

PSO also has the saves locked to the console so they are not transferable as I found out the hard way.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-February-2015 at 13:52.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR