Thread: Creating an ISO from an original xbox disc

Thanks

Default Creating an ISO from an original xbox disc

Hey all, I just modded my xbox last night, and I was wondering if there was a way to make a backup copy of a game that I already physically own?
    The game is old and scratched up, too scratched up for my xbox to read it, but my PC reads it fine. (to my knowledge)
    So I want to create an ISO from my original disc, than put that ISO onto a blank DVD. Is that possible?
    Thanks in advance!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://wiki.redump.org/index.php?title=Microsoft_XBOX

That method creates a DVD9 image mind even if the actual game data will fit on a CD

A little like gamecube games there is a lot of non game data junk inside a complete image
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-February-2015 at 19:11.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

the best way is to copy the game to xbox hdd using dvd2xbox then ftp back to your pc and make an iso from the folder contents.
    or just download the game from here and burn the iso.
    Last edited by tronworld; 15th-March-2015 at 19:52.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No it's not dvd2xbox can not handle all file names when it cioppies the files to the HDD and in doing it that way will corrupt some games (see http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?87071)

You might also want to look at http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-system-guides

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?87072 may also be of interest
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-March-2015 at 07:49.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

strange,never had a problem with dvd2xbox myself.i must have copied 50 to 60 backups and 30 or so originals that way.
    guess i was lucky not to pick the games with problems.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yup plus dvd2xbox has fixes for some games but not all, not even close to all just a few fixes in comparison to what needs a fix a some sort

Then again I have looked at every english released game on the xbox, done so while doing some tests, so even I have not looked at every xbox game as there are a large number of jap only games also

I am not saying redump method is the best either mind (I don't see the point of 1:1 images of DVD9 discs that could potentionally fit CD or DVD5 sized media and still play just fine), the most usable and user friendly way is to create an iso direct on an xbox, not sure if dvd2xbox could do that or not I don't remember off the top of my head or if I used something else to do that

There is even a DVD drive emulator for the Xbox (A virtual drive a little like Daemon Tools ect...) this is great for those games that do not have HDD fixes for yet or for those that have a damaged DVD drive or both

I prefer to run from HDD myself but I did swap out the 8GB HDD for a 750GB HDD to accommodate that

The reason Redump was mentioned was more to do with the OP not being able to use the Xbox DVD drive to do this
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-March-2015 at 08:28.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

mind you,i have only copied around 100 xbox games out of the nearly 1000 catalogue.
    probably more with jap titles.jap and sport games i dont bother with.
    still,i freakin love xbox.only got into modding about 2 years ago and am loving it.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You definitely need to read up on the limitations then, more for the bug the xbox has for save games, before you hit it, and read up on how to avoid it

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]