Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I buy Supercard DSTWO?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Yeah the local resellers here haven't had that card in stock for months now, all sold out.
    Most people buy the R4 3DS (not sure what one exactly, but the local seller I use only stocks reputable reliable and tested cards) now, it isn't expensive.
    All my sister's kids have those cards for Lite, DSi, XL and 2DS.
    Just for DS games obviously.

Edit:
    This is the one they're using

Attachment 43664

Uses wood firmware.
    Apparently the official name is R4i Gold 3DS, but also known as R4i DSN.
    Sells for around $25 but you might be able to get it cheaper.

Compatibility
    DS or Ds Lite: All Versions
    Dsi or Dsi XL: 1.4.5 and everything below
    2DS, 3DS or 3DS XL inc N3DS and N3DSXL: 9.4.0-22 and everything below
    Yeah, that's the one I bought the other week and found out they stopped updating it ;( I was looking up a tutorial online that was written and in the comments the author said something along the lines of...

http://www.instructables.com/id/Totu...gold-3ds-cart/

Well, here you go. http://i.gyazo.com/c0655ac099ad170cbdb64b574f2d62f7.png

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm sure once the Supercard DStwo Plus is released new US based sites will pop up...........or not, have a feeling nintendo is going to be strong arming their way through this, pretty much exactly what they are doing right now.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

When's the Plus being released?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ZJrocket View Post
    When's the Plus being released?
    From what I read supposedly this month , not too sure though.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Well, if that's the case... in the mean time, I wouldn't mind buying a card off of someone, even if I had to send money to their paypal account or send to them physically or something.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I woulda been more than happy to sell you a extra........if I had any

You have a DS Lite?

if you could get one of those you would be able to run a not so good card like the clones.

Thanks

I do not. I actually just got finished returning one on amazon for $50 that was in very poor condition. I'm a VERY anal-retentive person, to the point of people would probably make a lot of marital jokes if they got to thinking about it when it comes to my retentive behavior... Basically, I don't like scratches on anything. If I see it, I can't unsee it. It's over. Although, that's not exactly why I returned the little dinky thing, the touch screen plastic (what makes the touch ability work) had not been there. lol But yeah, that's why I'm buying screen protectors for my precious 2DS. I wanna make sure it lasts in its just-out-of-the-box-condition as long as possible.

...At that point, I'd totally be willing to buy a new DS Lite just to make these things possible. But unfortunately, I don't have $90 to spare. I guess I'll just stick with trying to find someone selling their Supercard DSTWO if they don't want it anymore. I'd buy it in a heart beat.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

To be honest for now just save your cash and wait for the DSTWO+ I will grab one of those myself they are to support both DS and 3DS games and should be out later this month if all goes well

At a guess though they will cost a little bit more though.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    To be honest for now just save your cash and wait for the DSTWO+ I will grab one of those myself they are to support both DS and 3DS games and should be out later this month if all goes well

At a guess though they will cost a little bit more though.
    Hope it's not too huge of a price leap. That'd suck waiting the rest of this month and come to find out I'm a little short. ._.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I can't say as no prices have been published but I am the same as you there

Though for the Gateway it is apx $70 the Sky 3DS is apx $90 both can play 3DS games, though I will say wait for the DSTWO kit as the Gateway and Sky 3DS are more for 3DS games though do come with a second card that is for DS software

Because of extra hardware used the Supercard DSTWO was always more expensive than the basic DS flash kits including those that can also run on the latest 3DS updates

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Looks like I'll be buying a Supercard DSTWO plus then when the time is right. There's a VERY good chance I can get it as soon as it comes out so I'm not fretting over that, thankfully. Although with all of the annoyingly sneaky fake news you hear on the internet, I wonder when it'll be safe to confirm it's been released and can actually be bought without getting into some nonsense.