Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I buy Supercard DSTWO?

Thanks

Default Should I buy Supercard DSTWO?

Apparently in December of last year, the team who make it discontinued their updates on it. Does it still work on a 2DS? (I'm buying a new one here in a couple days) and I wonder how long it'd still work. (Assuming I never updated it, I guess?)

I've had some... particularly unlucky experiences the past 3-4 weeks trying to find the right/decent/STILL working 3/2DS flashcard that I could write an essay about. And at this point I really would like to get all my facts straight before I make another mistake and have to return three to ten items at once again. (One of my bad experiences is unknowingly buying an R4i Gold that stopped being updated around a year ago or so... yeahhhhhh.)

If Supercard DSTWO won't work for me, what else should I get? Keep in mind, I'd like to keep the price in the ballpark of at least $50, more or less. And I'm not buying another beat up DS Lite just to get an old DS flashcard because the end result would be the same buying one for a 3DS (and all I'll be getting is a 2DS anyway...)

Apologies if I might sound pretty ignorant on the whole thing but there's a lot I've unluckily been through to be content with one that works and is still working. lol Everybody suggests "Supercard DSTWO" but ever since I saw a handful of people say "it's not updated anymore" I'm back in that awkward position of being too afraid to do anything. Really, in the long run, I just want to play DS games on my 2DS is all without coming to bad terms with the bad future that is "You gotta buy a new/another one now!"

Help, please. :3
    Last edited by ZJrocket; 6th-February-2015 at 20:16.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yes get one

2014-12-12 DSTWO Fireware v1.25 test Support 3DS/2DS ver9.4.0-21x

P.S. There has not been a need for an update in such a long time anyway, the actual release of v1.25 was 2013-12-11 over 1 year ago

EDIT: 3DS/2DS is up to 9.5.0-22 and the Supercard DSTWO is still working on it with firmware v1.25

It will work as long as the firmware on it has been updated to 1.25 that most retailers of this card do for you, if not you will either need a DS or DS Lite or know someone one or have a 3DS/2DS that has yet to be updated I guess (retailers do normally state that they update the firmware before shipping though, if not ask them)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-February-2015 at 20:30.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

They also happen to be pretty cheap lately. Just something I noticed.

Thanks

Thanks guys, that really put my fears to rest. I got something to look forward to now. Cheers.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    They also happen to be pretty cheap lately. Just something I noticed.
    I remember looking for them maybe a year ago, and finding them for around $40. Just recently though it seems all the retailers are either out of stock or want more like $50 with shipping :/
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Definitely get one or two

Best card I own, I had alot and was burned by most until I got SC DSOne i and DSTwo, you won't be disappointed.

The quality is top notch too , not sure about new models but mine I got many years ago are really well made, solid connectors and just good overall construction.
    Last edited by Warrior; 6th-February-2015 at 22:45.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Both of mine still work just fine, had then for some time also

Can't say I was ever disapointed in the kits I have had runging from the original R4 (Only related by name to the R4's of today, so please do not think that R4 is a good brand, R4 is a stolen name now) M3 Real with GBA expansion, Acekard2i & Supercard DSTWO, saying that though I was very lucky in a way in that I had very good cards for the time and each was an upgrade from the previous one in one way or another

Each of those was a step up in one way or another
    R4 was only for the DS & DS Lite, it was essentially the same card as the M3 Simply and the first actual DS flash kit I owned (Before that I used a PassMe with a retail card inserted and a GBA flash kit)
    M3 Real was also only for the DS and DS Lite but I had the GBA expansion adding GBA support or extra mem for official and unofficial DS software
    Acekard 2i let me use the kit with a 3DS (until it was totally blocked, that was a sad day) but during it's stay, it was one of the best, until SuperCard DSTWO anyway
    SuperCard DSTWO, deserves credit not because it still works or because of the extra emulation features or even the pure DS compat without any extra hassle such as patching, but all 3 mixed together, something that is lacking in one way or another with some of the other kits of today
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-February-2015 at 08:52.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Well, I've been surfing the internet as the kids would say these days, and all I see is "Out of Stock" everywhere for the Supercard DSTWO. :[ Not sure where else to look... I've checked many many many many sites and all "Out of Stock"... Only thing I can think of is buying one off of a friend but none of my friends have one, go figure.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Oh oh, seems Supercard production has stopped since december of last year..................... realhotstuff has also completely erased flashcards from their site...................not liking where this is going.................
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Where do you require shipping to (i.e the country I'm sure we don't need your address)

The place I got mine from is no longer there :/ a lot of sites have taken flash kits off or have been removed totally.

I am not saying I can help but the info will help someone to help you

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Oh oh, seems Supercard production has stopped since december of last year..................... realhotstuff has also completely erased flashcards from their site...................not liking where this is going.................
    Yeah, as soon as I tried to buy a completely different flashcard from them, they removed all their flashcard stuff. (Unlucky coincidence) Probably encountered some legal issues.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ZJrocket View Post
    Yeah, as soon as I tried to buy a completely different flashcard from them, they removed all their flashcard stuff. (Unlucky coincidence) Probably encountered some legal issues.
    I got the same was after a GBA kit, something I wanted to do years back and a post on this forum prompted me to try and order

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Yeah the local resellers here haven't had that card in stock for months now, all sold out.
    Most people buy the R4 3DS (not sure what one exactly, but the local seller I use only stocks reputable reliable and tested cards) now, it isn't expensive.
    All my sister's kids have those cards for Lite, DSi, XL and 2DS.
    Just for DS games obviously.

Edit:
    This is the one they're using

r4i-sdhc-dsi-flashcard.gif

Uses wood firmware.
    Apparently the official name is R4i Gold 3DS, but also known as R4i DSN.
    Sells for around $25 but you might be able to get it cheaper.

Compatibility
    DS or Ds Lite: All Versions
    Dsi or Dsi XL: 1.4.5 and everything below
    2DS, 3DS or 3DS XL inc N3DS and N3DSXL: 9.4.0-22 and everything below
    Last edited by deadlegion; 7th-February-2015 at 18:37.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

After checking the Supercard forums seems DSTwo was halted because DSTwo Plus is in production, check here for more info,

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Where do you require shipping to (i.e the country I'm sure we don't need your address)

The place I got mine from is no longer there :/ a lot of sites have taken flash kits off or have been removed totally.

I am not saying I can help but the info will help someone to help you
    USA, Ohio.