Thread: Emuparadise IRC-channel

Thanks

Default Emuparadise IRC-channel

So..

I was like regular member in 2004, where is the irc -channel now?
    I can't connect to irc.emuparadise.org, is there another server or is the channel gone forever?

:X

Thanks
    EP Points

Think there was an attempt at a revival a few years back but yeah pretty sure it's long dead now

Thanks
    EP Points

Default An emuparadise IRC channel

I've recently come to the realization that much of the "social" aspect of this forum is found in the "Hang Out" section of Free4All. One advantage of this format I can see is that it allows for people to engage in conversations over a longer period of time, to account for the difference in time zones (i.e., not everyone can be online at the same time). Personally though, I've always found live chat to be a much more engaging medium for this sort of thing, for users who can be online at the same time.

This thought led to me checking if there were ever an official emuparadise IRC channel. I was able to find references to one some years back, but it looks like it's been gone for a while. So I guess this leaves me with two questions: what happened to the old IRC exactly, and would anyone here even be interested in having a new one set up?
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,269 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

I don't think bringing it back would be any different from the last few attempts. It died years ago. It has been tried a few times to revive it, but there was hardly any interest. EP is not nearly as active now as it was when the IRC channel was popular, just look how long it takes the Hang Out thread to get to 4000 posts, it used to be a few days.

There are so many different ways to interact now, Facebook, Twitter, Skype etc, that I don't think today's generation can be bothered having to learn the basics of using IRC.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    I don't think bringing it back would be any different from the last few attempts. It died years ago. It has been tried a few times to revive it, but there was hardly any interest. EP is not nearly as active now as it was when the IRC channel was popular, just look how long it takes the Hang Out thread to get to 4000 posts, it used to be a few days.

There are so many different ways to interact now, Facebook, Twitter, Skype etc, that I don't think today's generation can be bothered having to learn the basics of using IRC.
    The EP Skype chat isn't even active anymore. Everyone is moving on.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post

Using irc is as simple as installing pidgin and using its built in irc functionality , very easy .
    I'm on IRC channels all the time chattin away with friends all times during the day, guess thats why I'm not around much lately
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Using irc is as simple as installing pidgin and using its built in irc functionality , very easy .
    I'm on IRC channels all the time chattin away with friends all times during the day, guess thats why I'm not around much lately
    Yeah but the point is that the EP one is as dead as your sex life

Then again there is a Skype group supposedly. But that's just for the cool kids I guess.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Was responding to Jacks post saying this generation can't be bothered to learn irc.

Skype is monitored by NSA and god knows who else, only people who use skype are idiots.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Was responding to Jacks post saying this generation can't be bothered to learn irc.

Skype is monitored by NSA and god knows who else, only people who use skype are idiots.
    Without using some type of encryption, the NSA would find it trivial to monitor and log specific IRC channels or networks. The really big difference is that the NSA would have to take an extra step to get to someones skype logs.

Interestingly we've always had this problem as a country: before the internet it was tapping landlines, and opening up peoples mail for information before even that.

All that said though I also highly prefer using IRC over something like skype, and agree that it's not hard at all to set up with Pidgin or something. Really sucks that there doesn't seem to be enough active, interested users.
    Last edited by MaslowK; 8th-February-2015 at 08:49.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points