Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blonde question! cant seem to open panzer dragoon.bin or .cue file with yabause? (mac)

Thanks

Default Blonde question! cant seem to open panzer dragoon.bin or .cue file with yabause? (mac)

Tried running the .cue file with yabause 0.9.10 but all I get is a black screen and no audio?

Set cdrom to - ISO or CUE file
    video core - open GL video interface

what else am I not doing?
    Last edited by mcsampants; 2nd-February-2015 at 16:00.

Thanks
    EP Points

Not a mac user but is there no "open file/iso" type option in the emulator? You might also be able to just drag and drop either the .bin or .cue file onto the icon for the emulator.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MaslowK For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Unfortunately still not fixed it might have something to do with when i in stalled the yabause? As I didnt understand the following:

Uncompress the Yabause source archive, move to the newly
    created directory, type

./configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-shared

So if someone could explain that to me in a language that a simpleton aka me, would understand I would be eternally grateful
    Last edited by mcsampants; 2nd-February-2015 at 16:08.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, that ./configure bit makes me think you got a source code package rather than the program itself. If that's the case you could go through the trouble of compiling ("building") that source code, but it would probably be way easier to just get the pre-built version.

I found this copy which appears to be the pre-built one; http://sourceforge.net/projects/yaba...c.zip/download. It looks like extracting that will give you a folder called "yabause-0.9.14-mac", then going into that and into Yabause.app\Contents\MacOS you'll find a file just called "Yabause", which looks like the file you actually need to run to get the emulator going.

If you're not able to get it going that way, let me know here and I'll see if I can find a guide somewhere for it.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Its working!! I cant believe it! Im so happy right now! Thank you so much, I did as you suggested and downloaded yabause 0.9.14-mac!

The only problem is now is that its seems to crash after the part where you enter your character name? The screen goes to black and there doesn't appear to be any audio, don't suppose you have any thoughts as to why that might be?

thanks again

Thanks
    EP Points

My first guess would normally be that it's a compatibility issue with the emulator, but according to this page the game should be fully playable; http://www.emu-compatibility.com/usa...v1_000-86.html

It does say to use the OpenGL video mode specifically, though. I would poke around the settings and see if you can find any sections labeled "Video" or "Graphics", and look for a "Video Mode" option of some sort that can be changed. I've actually been meaning to play this game for a while; I'll try later and see how far I can get with it.
    Last edited by MaslowK; 4th-February-2015 at 21:28.

Thanks

Yeh it does seem to run best in OpenGL but unfortunately still freezes in the same spot, do you recon it could have anything to do with the Memory or save files? Because I haven't set them up mainly because I don't understand how too?

I also did some reading and people apparently have had success by burning the files to a disk and running from that I think? But thats also another thing I don't know how to do so I will look into that also haha also just to clarify that this specific game is panzer dragoon saga just incase we were talking about 2 different games as I know theres many different panzers in the series so it gets confusing ha but yes let me know if you get it to work that would be great!

Thanks
    EP Points

also just to clarify that this specific game is panzer dragoon saga just incase we were talking about 2 different games
    I was wondering that actually, there were like different ones listed. Here's the compatibility page for Saga; http://www.emu-compatibility.com/usa...v1_000-20.html

It says to use software mode, that could very well be what the issue is, assuming it wasn't on software by default. Also says to use a specific BIOS file, and I'm not sure how it handles those exactly.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I know this one it is because the CDDA is either not recognized or not there at all, either way the emulator is not reading the CDDA tracks a very common issue with Saturn games and well known for this game

If you want a good image then grab the one at http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?89921

Just grab the first disc to make sure it was a disc image issue first , grab the rest if that image fixed it

Compat has nothing to do with it the same will happen on a real console anyway if the CDDA is not there

Also it needs to be read by the cue file, not the bin file for CDDA to be read
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-February-2015 at 13:44.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Hi Zorlon!

Thank you very much for your help, unfortunately even after downloading the image you shared I am still struggling to get past the 'choose your name sequence.

I used Yabause 0.9.13 and software video mode as MaslowK suggested with this link http://goo.gl/icqkoZ

I also uploaded a small unlisted video so this way you can see me trying to get the game to work and what settings I used, I thought maybe you would be able to spot a simple mistake im doing? you can find that here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7GYbc_A5DQ

If you could watch the video and offer any feed back I would be very grateful thanks

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Firstly don't set it up as a MPEG it's not an MPEG game so take that off to start with

also try without mounting the disc image at all

Try the Run image option instead first but if you can only open a bin file then it may have the same issues as you need to be opening the image by it's cue file

If the above does not work then try the Run CD ROM option again with the game mounted in Daemon Tools

Lastly get the bios image and try the game again using the two above methods but with a bios

Again do not set the MPEG option up at all
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-February-2015 at 14:45.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Really sorry for the late reply, was away working for a few days.

yabause 0.9.13 only has the option of running it as an mpeg so I shall try using a different version, any you would recommend?

also sorry for stupid questions but how do I get the BIOS image? is it downloaded online somewhere or do I need to convert the .cue or .bin file?

Thanks for you help so far, really appreciate it

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by mcsampants View Post
    yabause 0.9.13 only has the option of running it as an mpeg so I shall try using a different version, any you would recommend?
    Not from what your video shows, it has a Run image option and a Run CD-ROM option, neither has anything to do with preferences and the MPEG part of Preferences is not for running normal games and should be blank

Run Image is for running disc images
    Run CD-Rom is for running from actual CD's or could be used with Daemon Tools as that is a virtual CD-Rom drive

MPEG is not for use with normal games and should be left empty and game disc images are not MPEG rom images

Quote Originally Posted by mcsampants View Post
    how do I get the BIOS image? is it downloaded online somewhere or do I need to convert the .cue or .bin file?
    download and extract and setup in preferences

I have a feeling because you have the disc images main binary open in several places it is causing complications as in open in Yabause as a MPEG rom even though it is not one and Daemon tools

You can run it that way but you may need the actual bios image setup that you do not have
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-February-2015 at 16:04.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Got it working!!! Zorlon I could kiss you lovely internet face!

I did as you suggested, used yabause 0.9.13 ran it from image and downloaded a sega saturn BIOS .bin (all regions) from here http://www.emuparadise.me/biosfiles/bios.html

just being nit-picky but frame rate seems to be a bit slow, is there a way of making it run smoother?

Also I dont suppose you explain to me how to set up saving?

From the bottom of my heart thank you Zorlon! I can finally finish this game I started 17 years ago!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try playing with the Video setup, though software is usually the faster option, but also depends on what you have setup through that

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]