Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best GBA Flash Cart?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    You're lucky you weren't shopping for this a year ago, the going price for a EZ Flash IV was over $100. Honestly, $100 isn't unreasonable for a flashcard considering how much you save by having one.
    This.
    As long as you're getting a quality product don't let the price deter you. Cheap isn't always a good idea.

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyShad0w View Post
    $32 seems like a lot for a GBA flash cart, but I guess that's my only option.
    That is very cheap for a GBA kit

The problem with GBA kits is they always went for a high price because of the chips used that are expensive to start with, plus if you actually compare this with the price of 10 good to great games it will still be cheaper and you can play just about all GBA games with it

At cost price (the cost to build/make) GBA vs DS, GBA carts cost more to make than DS kits, I don't expect Everdrive GBA kits to be any cheaper either as they tend to use quality chips also, but it would be nice to see another kit on general sale GBA kits have gotten very hard to find now
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-January-2015 at 18:45.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

2015 micro sd EZ Flash iv is good. M3I ZERO(complicated use), supercard dstwo (out of produced) so ez flash iv is the better choice
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 22nd-April-2015 at 11:03. Reason: link removed.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garycrozier View Post
    2015 micro sd EZ Flash iv is good. M3I ZERO(complicated use), supercard dstwo (out of produced) so ez flash iv is the better choice
    Please, don't post links to online shops, it's not allowed.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garycrozier View Post
    How are DS kits related to GBA kits... your post is just confusing as the other kits you mention are for DS hardware not GBA hardware

P.S. this thread ran it's cause a few months ago I don't think it needed any more the op already made a choice
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-April-2015 at 10:50.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    P.S. this thread ran it's cause a few months ago I don't think it needed any more the op already made a choice
    True, but the topic is still relevant to anybody that wanders in. And the new Micro SD EZ Flash IV wasn't around then. So it can't hurt to have some opinions here.

It's great that the new model is running Micro SD cards instead of obsolete Mini SDs. But aside from that convenience I doubt it's any better than old EZ Flash IV. I'm sure it's running the same firmware as the EZ Flash IV, or else they would've called it the EZ Flash VI So it takes 32GB Micro SDs now, and the firmware locks up when a folder has more than 80 files in it. The expanded space seems almost detrimental, 2GB was enough to hold every GBA game worth having. Loading more than that would be nightmarish, especially since each rom needs to be configured with the buggy PC software, and then tested on the EZ Flash to see if everything worked out So uh, yeah, it doesn't seem like an upgrade to me. But if you need a card, why not?
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

lol wish I could spot my typing mistakes before hitting post

Anyway that is true about the new version of the the GBA kit is only a Micro SD upgrade that is good due to the mini SD's being hard to get hold of and the micro to mini SD converters are not great in general, asides from that it's not a different kit so owners of the older kit that are happy need not think this is something better as to them it's not.

wish I still had some of my older kits, though used flash memory instead of external storage like SD cards, they worked perfect, only rom patching was for extra hardware features like light control that was replaced with button presses or motion control replaced with button presses/combo's but that is a must for any flash kit just about, though kinda rambling as you can't get those kits now anyway

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]