Thread: How to compile Wii ISO?

Thanks

Default How to compile Wii ISO?

I downloaded a few Wii ISOs from this page via Jdownloader like the uploader specifies. The games I'm trying to get to work are Super Mario Galaxy and Skyword Sword.

Below are the files I have for Super Mario Galaxy (I have similar ones for Skyward Sword. What do I do with these files to turn them into something I can use with Dolphin?

Also, are there any special settings I should be using with Dolphin. I played some SSX Tricky earlier and was getting frame drops down to 40 fps. I have a Core i7 @ 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, and a GTX 980 so shouldn't I be able to run games at 60fps and have them look like this.

7434830ba9bed3b19402648331597f74.png

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You want to know how to extract the iso correct?

Get the stable version of 7zip, open the first part of the split archive , you will see the iso then extract.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Does 7zip have different functionality from Winrar?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyShad0w View Post
    Does 7zip have different functionality from Winrar?
    Winrar is bloated payware , 7zip is the much preferred compression/extraction tool of choice and its free/open source in case you care about that sort of thing .

you can do everything winrar can do with 7zip, just cant compress a rar archive with it, can extract them just fine though.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Winrar is bloated payware , 7zip is the much preferred compression/extraction tool of choice and its free/open source in case you care about that sort of thing .

you can do everything winrar can do with 7zip, just cant compress a rar archive with it, can extract them just fine though.
    http://www.maximumcompression.com/

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Get the stable version of 7zip, open the first part of the split archive , you will see the iso then extract.
    The "stable " version is 5 years old, latest beta is brand new (Jan 2015). Using the most recent beta is in fact the better choice and has been for some time (I mean the previous betas were stable too).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    The "stable " version is 5 years old, latest beta is brand new (Jan 2015). Using the most recent beta is in fact the better choice and has been for some time (I mean the previous betas were stable too).
    Whoops,forgot that it was kinda old, yup get the latest beta.

Thanks

Can you please explain exactly how I'm supposed to do this? All I have are these 9 files not in a rar or anything. When I "open" the first file in the list it's just a bunch of jpg files. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyShad0w View Post
    Can you please explain exactly how I'm supposed to do this? All I have are these 9 files not in a rar or anything. When I "open" the first file in the list it's just a bunch of jpg files. What am I doing wrong?
    Sounds like one of Ragnar's shares. His stuff is messed up on purpose (to hide the content)...you need to repair using the par2 file + quickpar.
    Read the Newbie FAQ in his sig.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Sounds like one of Ragnar's shares. His stuff is messed up on purpose (to hide the content)...you need to repair using the par2 file + quickpar.
    Read the Newbie FAQ in his sig.
    Thanks, deadlegion. After repairing with the par2 I was able to extract the ISO and it works perfectly. I can't believe how good these games look in HD.

Thanks

Hey there deadlegion. Sorry to bring up an old post but I was having a hard time extracting my files after i repaired the par2 file with quick par.

- From a rar.001 file, i repaired it (via quickpar) to a vol.000+001 PAR 2 file
    - When I try to extract these vol files through 7zip, I get the following error. "can not open file ---- as archived"

Could you explain to me why I am getting this error?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by cop003 View Post
    Hey there deadlegion. Sorry to bring up an old post but I was having a hard time extracting my files after i repaired the par2 file with quick par.

- From a rar.001 file, i repaired it (via quickpar) to a vol.000+001 PAR 2 file
    - When I try to extract these vol files through 7zip, I get the following error. "can not open file ---- as archived"

Could you explain to me why I am getting this error?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
    From what you've said I'm guessing you created your own par2 from the the .001 archive part...so delete that par2 you made.

You grab the appropriate par2 file for Ragnar's share (it'll be an attachment in the same thread you got the archive from).
    With Quickpar installed, and the par2 file you grabbed in the same folder as the archive parts, double click the par2 file. Quickpar will run then you select repair.

After it's fixed you can use 7zip.

And in future please create your own thread, or in this case you could have posted in the thread of Ragnar's that you got the share from.

Spoiler warning:

15. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Which archives need to be split, dlc or PAR2? Quickpar is a little new to me too.

Can you guys e-mail me on how to run wii games on a dolphin emulator?
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 22nd-February-2015 at 02:27. Reason: no double posting, please, use the EDIT POST button.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Emuw View Post
    Which archives need to be split, dlc or PAR2? Quickpar is a little new to me too.

Can you guys e-mail me on how to run wii games on a dolphin emulator?
    Please, read Ragnar's FAQ on how to extract his Wii ISOs:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...36#post1424536

If you need further help, create your own thread in this section or post in the thread where the links were posted.