Thread: need help! (using MAME)

Thanks

Default need help! (using MAME)

i cant figure out what seems to be the problem..i watched the video tutorial on how to download, install and extract emulators and ROMs.. i follow every step, but i cant find the "EXECUTABLE FILE" of this emulator "mame0141b_64bit.exe" with a logo of "7z"

Thanks
    EP Points

You do know that .exe files are executable files.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Moved to the right section of the forums.

Please, when asking for help, title your thread in the most detailed way, we assume that you need help.. and take some time to decide where to post the thread, don't place them anywhere.

Thanks
    EP Points

download then unzip the emulator. next, download any roms you want and simply drop them into the emulators ROMs folder (iirc it defaults to that folder). next, boot up the emulator (does that step really need a "how to" explanation?), then click the "view" tab up at the top and click refresh at the bottom of that tab (or just hit F5). once you've done all of the steps so far, click "available" on the list on the left hand side then double click the game you want to play in the list in the middle of the screen.

if you have any further questions (such as how to reconfigure the controls) or issues, such as specific games not working, feel free to post here again only in the correct sub-forum (Arcade, Misc & PC Games sub of the Everything Emulation forums in this case) and provide adequate details.

as for the whole "mame0141b_64bit.exe" thing... first off, 0141b is an outdated version. newest version is here: http://www.mameui.info/ halfway down the page is a link "MAMEUI64 .157" right click it and click "save as" and save to wherever you want. secondly, once unzipped, its not going to be mame0141b_64bit.exe in the folder. what you need to look for and double click is "Mameui64", thats the emulator program.
    Last edited by treos; 24th-January-2015 at 22:51.