Thread: Burning Sega CD BINs

Thanks

Default Burning Sega CD BINs

I've been trying unsuccessfully to burn sega cd games onto CD-Rs. I saw the guide on here, but I only have the BIN+CUE and I don't think any sites have the ISO+MP3.

When I try changing the region of the game the program just quits, so I assume the region is the correct one initially. I'm using a US Sega CD ver 1.1.

I burn the cue with the bin in the same directory, which burns fine using ImgBurn, but it doesn't work when I try to play it in the console. I even tried the lowest speed I could go and it still won't work.

I even tried a different game and it didn't work. It keeps telling me to reset the console.

I assume the Sega cd is fine because it plays music cds fine but I don't have any actual Sega CD games on me right now to test.

What am I missing?

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Use imgburn, when burning the image select the CUE. file , burn at like 4x, never burn at max speed.

Never bother with iso/mp3 downsamples, they are garbage.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryu7777 View Post
    I've been trying unsuccessfully to burn sega cd games onto CD-Rs. I saw the guide on here, but I only have the BIN+CUE and I don't think any sites have the ISO+MP3.

When I try changing the region of the game the program just quits, so I assume the region is the correct one initially. I'm using a US Sega CD ver 1.1.

I burn the cue with the bin in the same directory, which burns fine using ImgBurn, but it doesn't work when I try to play it in the console. I even tried the lowest speed I could go and it still won't work.

I even tried a different game and it didn't work. It keeps telling me to reset the console.

I assume the Sega cd is fine because it plays music cds fine but I don't have any actual Sega CD games on me right now to test.

What am I missing?
    iso+mp3's are aimed at emulation only and not a great format for sharing, unless they are only shared for emulation

For now avoid converting region and just make sure the game is for the correct region to start with as further fixing may be needed in some cases

Burning speed should be set to 1x in imgburn it will auto adjust that to the lowest speed anyway and always burn via the cue file

The Sega CD laser may need to be fine tuned though to read game data from a CD-R, but yeah would be better if you have at least one original disc to make sure it works fully

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR