Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Get an Xbox hack it and play whatever you like, even better install a large sized HDD and get a PS2 to Xbox pad converter

Xbox games
    PC games via Dos Box
    Point and Click games via SCUMMVM
    Arcade system games
    NES games to N64 games
    GameBoy to GBA games
    Sega System games up to Mega CD/32X
    PSX games

And lots more

Component Cables can also be applied for Hi-Def gaming though best to go official but these are kinda hard to find now

I had well still have a GP2X that was a nice little handheld console for developers but the PSP at the time over took that with ease so now it collects dust, the PSP is another option but you are much more limited to what can be run on this, but it is great for mobile gaming and can run a lot of emulators though some are not perfect most games run very well

Please Note all N64 emulators will have problems with certain games, there is no perfect N64 emulator even after tweaking settings

I also like using my Wii for Lightgun based games, that is ideal because of the funky controllers, overall the Wii is also another great console for playing other emulated systems on.
    Even better with an external USB HDD and Gamecube Ports for GC controllers or PS2 to GC controller converters, though I do like the GC pads anyway, they do have much the same layout os most of todays pads

Most consoles have emulators for them

The Xbox is one of the easiest to mod and has a good range of working emulators for it (a bonus it can still play Xbox games that there is no usable emulator of)
    The PSP is also very easy to mod and has a good range also just not as good as the xbox does, but does play PSP and officially emulated PSone classic games (N64 will be a bit of a let down here though, also the PSP lacks a few buttons compared with an analog pad so you are limited to the controls used for some PSX games)
    The Wii that although is not as good as the Xbox for emulators does let you play a lot of great games Wii + GameCube for starters a bunch of officially emulated games (Including N64 games) before we even start with homebrew emulation that is also vast in the systems that can be emulated on the system

All the above system are easy enough to mod, I would say out of those the Xbox is maybe the harder one to do mostly because you may need extra hardware that you may not already have to implement the initial mod, the Wii is very very easy as is the PSP, but you may want large storage for all consoles, Xbox uses IDE HDD's though you can get a SATA to IDE converter working there, the PSP 1K 2K and 3K versions use Magic Gate Pro Duo memcards but I use a dual Micro SD to Pro Duo converter with 2x32GB micro SD's inserted giving me over 50GB of space (It's the stupid way the space is calculated in 1000's instead of the real amount that should be 1024's hence I don't get 64GB from 2x32GB cards and for the Wii it is best to use a USB HDD (USB 2.0 or higher, the Wii USB port is USB 2.0 though)) I use a 2TB USB 2.0 Wall powered WD drive though you don't need a wall powered drive most go for USB powered drives.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 12th-January-2015 at 10:18.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR