Thread: First Rom on website?

Thanks

Default First Rom on website?

I don't know why but I am wondering what the first rom on emuparadise was. I doubt any one will know let alone remember.

If you don't know how about commenting your first rom?

Thanks
    EP Points

Well yeah that's going back aways and haven't been here since the beginning but assume there were a bunch of partial sets for say stuff like NES, SNES, and the Genny. When I first joined there were just a couple hosted PSX games. IIRC there were only like two hosted PSX games per week sorta thing going on with one being Castlevania SOTN and believe the second was a rotated FF game between the three now and again.

The only person still here besides Masj himself I think is Cosmic that still comes around regularly from those times before the switch to VB. But I could be wrong.

Ahhhhh nostalgia!!!! I still remember the old orange and blue site though

Think I came here first off for a search of SNES games playable on PC. Super Star wars I think. Some SNES games were ported to PC and whilst searching for those found out about emulation and been here ever since.
    Last edited by Zaladane; 10th-January-2015 at 08:05.

Thanks

Ok thanks! I first came myself looking for super mario world after watching someone corrupt it.

Thanks

First ROMs I got were definitely the classic Megaman games, and ironically, I was looking for some PSX games when I had stumbled onto this site back in...2003-2004? Can't remember when, but WOW...IIRC...those were some good times back in the day.....Had some pretty complex things to do before we could get what we wanted working lol, and then all the larger ROM image files (Like...CD images worth 200-600 MB) would have been split....still a VERY common thing today...but it's amazing how long Emuparadise has come since back then...

Besides Masj, Zorlon's been here for quite some time too...

Thanks
    EP Points

I have no idea what the first ROM I downloaded off of EmuParadise is. I think the first ROM, in general, that I remember is Super Mario Bros.. It was shortly after I modded my PSP w/ CFW. One of the first things I installed was NesterJ, and I believe my "test" ROM was SMB. That the ROM I still use when testing any new NES emu lol. My NesterJ on PSP experience was the first time I ever ran an emulator. This is not counting retro comps, and console backwards compatibility emulation...let's not introduce a "technicality" in case anybody is tempted . Actually I take that back. I did mod my iPod 5.5G, and booted some ROMs up (I remember one being Zelda DX from the GB Color). But it was just a novelty really. The old-school iPods weren't really fit for such an activity as NES gaming. Anyways, the second ROM I remember running on NesterJ is Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! I was really excited when it booted. It brought back a lot of fond memories. It was an especially cool experience for me, as we know Ninty took Mikey out of the game long ago (he was too bad for their kid-friendly rep), and it was REALLY awesome to have the original version again to play. Btw, Mike Tyson has really matured a lot, and seems like a real cool dude now. Last year I started watching the film Mike Tyson - The Undisputed Truth. It's not a movie. It's basically Mike telling his side of his life story in a stage production. It's really cool, though I haven't finished it yet. If anybody needs any help finding it, just PM me . Anyways, I think maybe most of my post is off-topic? I don't know for sure lol. It's all I got to offer this thread right now though hah.

I will add that the world of emulation and console modding, in general, was something of an anomaly in my life these days and at my age. It was something that felt new and exciting. It was something I instantly had a passion for. I look forward to the next experience I have that does that for me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm pretty sure the first ROMs on the site were sets like what Zal mentioned. When I joined there were all kinds of NES and SNES games on the main site, as well as a bunch of Genesis and Gameboy titles, stuff like that, and a bunch (but not all) N64 games.

My first download was when we hosted Castlevania SOTN on the forums. I don't know where the links lead to, but they might have been main site, or possibly an FTP.

SOTN was the first game I ever downloaded from here, and was the reason I joined the forum. Followed closely by a shitload of NES and SNES games from the main site.

Thanks
    EP Points

One of the first things I remember learning about was the small torrent scene on here. There once was a torrent for the full PSX catalog! It was still be seeded...slowly but surely. I got to 95% and decided to cancel it for varying reasons. I do still have the NTSC Front Covers torrent download. REALLY glad I kept that, wished (now) that I had let the PSX one finish, and that the torrents were still being seeded.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

The first from I downloaded from EP was probably some random GBA game or something, it look a good while before I actually started to use the site IIRC.

Don't remember what rom I used to start my, err, emulation journey, but I do remember one of the first ones!

It was Nuke your mom or Nuke / Why men make bombs.

Such. An. Awesome. Game. So needless to say, I was hooked!

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

and i first downloaded nascar thunder 2002 ( psx )

Thanks

My first was Super Mario All Stars on Snes9X,that brings back memories.