Thread: R4i Gold vs Supercard DSTWO

Thanks

Default R4i Gold vs Supercard DSTWO

I'm trying to find a good flashcart to buy for my 3DS. I had a Supercard DSTWO a while ago and it worked great. This time around I'd like to save a little money though. I'm willing to spend the money on a DSTWO if it comes to that but I'd like to find out if there is something that is comparable for less.

So, what are the drawbacks of something like the R4i Gold compared to the DSTWO? My main objective is to play old games like GB Color, GBA, SNES, etc. and maybe a few DS games. Can the R4i do that? What I seemed to have found is that the R4i is compatible with most games but some games may not work while the DSTWO is always compatible with all games. Can the R4i do multiplayer? Also, is firmware versions an issue with the R4i? If I update my 3DS will I have to wait a long time for my cart to get an update as well?

Thanks in advance!

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Only the supercard can do higher end emulation such as GBA, those R4 clones are garbage, stick with the best , Supercard

Also there is a supposed new Supercard DSTwo coming out called the Supercard DSTwo Plus, unsure if its actually from the supercard team or not, it can supposedly do DS and 3DS and much more.
    Last edited by Warrior; 4th-January-2015 at 19:28.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Do you think I should wait for the DSTWO Plus or just get a regular DSTWO? How many GB are 3DS games anyway? I'd assume I would need a fairly large SD card to carry my 3DS games on it but it would be really handy not to have to carry ANY cartridges around at all.

What about the Gateway 3DS? Does it run emulators, DS, and 3DS games with all the online and multiplayer features working?

Do you know of a good vendor in the US for these cards?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Id just wait for the S DS2 +, gateway is not worth it.

I have no idea about any vendors , the best supplier I used is gone now, they only sell accessories now, they were called kickgaming and they were based in canada, they even price matched chinese sites ......... miss em..........

This is the only trustworthy place I know based in the US

http://www.realhotstuff.com/

There are TONS of scam sellers for flashcards and the like in the US.
    Last edited by Warrior; 4th-January-2015 at 19:47.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Couldn't I be waiting months for the DS2+? I can't find any solid information on it after some Googling. Maybe I should just get a regular DSTWO and sell it on eBay to get the Plus when it comes out.

I just found the Sky3DS. Do you know anything about that card? Will it run DS games and emulators?
    Last edited by deadlegion; 6th-January-2015 at 00:42. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Honestly have no idea since I don't own a 3DS, just a DS Lite, maybe Zorlon with his infinite wisdom can bestow upon you the required knowledge that you seek?

Thanks

Ha! I actually spoke with Zorlon when I posted on here a few months ago about getting a DSTWO originally!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well just get a DSTwo to have some fun till a better card comes out, no need to waste money on a crappy card just to get utter disappointment.

Thanks

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm thinking. Maybe I will go ahead and pick one up.