Page 110 of 267 FirstFirst ... 1060100105106107108109110111112113114115120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 4003

Thread: The something or Other-out, or something or other...

Thanks
    EP Points

Also I need some advise on how shitty my OKCupid profile is.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I should really start packing.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    All German snipers during WW2 were nazis
    Yeah fair enough it's a sore subject but it has gone way beyond sensibility. Heaps of stuff (art, architecture) from that period in Germany was destroyed and people (back then and even still now) like to paint everything German from that period as being nazi.

Of course it isn't historically unique. Nor did the Germans of that period invent concentration camps, what is unique is how organised they were about it (which is very German).
    I personally think it's a little offensive that the term "holocaust" has been hijacked to signify a particular thing that happened to a particular people at a particular time. It diminishes everything that has happened to other ethnic groups in history.

And as a result the rest of the world let a particular country do whatever the hell it likes regardless of international laws and agreements. They even spy on their allies, but then the US does that too
    Not justifying the holocaust but a disproportionately large amount of attention goes onto the Holocaust, when compared to the Holodomir, Stalin's purges, The Killing Field, Suharta's takeover in Indonesia, the millions of deaths that Mao is responsible for. They all get a lot less attention compared to the Holocaust.

Yes, Hitler brought some great things to Germany, for one the autobahn.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Spose' View Post
    Not much about to go to bed. Going to try this prescription grade deoderant that was on sale this week. Also going to maybe message a few cuties on okcupid if this week isn't as shitty as last week. Granted it's not looking so good at this point.
    You should look at the response rate for dating sites, the percentage of responses for anyone is pretty low, so don't feel too despondent if you get a rejection.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    Not justifying the holocaust but a disproportionately large amount of attention goes onto the Holocaust, when compared to the Holodomir, Stalin's purges, The Killing Field, Suharta's takeover in Indonesia, the millions of deaths that Mao is responsible for. They all get a lot less attention compared to the Holocaust.

Yes, Hitler brought some great things to Germany, for one the autobahn.
    Yeah there aren't any concrete numbers of deaths for Stalin & Mao. They didn't bother using IBM counting machines.

The allies were pretty hypocritical after the war ended with Germany. They prosecuted plenty of people but then plenty of scientists and individuals in intelligence were "appropriated". Also a lot of the data from medical experiments on concentration camp inmates was retained.
    The German rocket program was the main reason there was a space race. Both sides (Russia and the US) appropriated tech and scientists at the end of the war.
    That particular program used a lot of slave labour.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Oh my God just a couple more weeks and I'll have the New 3DS, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, and Majora's Mask in my Possession. Hopefully just in time for my birthday!

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah there aren't any concrete numbers of deaths for Stalin & Mao. They didn't bother using IBM counting machines.

The allies were pretty hypocritical after the war ended with Germany. They prosecuted plenty of people but then plenty of scientists and individuals in intelligence were "appropriated". Also a lot of the data from medical experiments on concentration camp inmates was retained.
    The German rocket program was the main reason there was a space race. Both sides (Russia and the US) appropriated tech and scientists at the end of the war.
    And don't forget about the whole Captain America/Winter Soldier thing.

Har.

Thanks
    EP Points

That's irrelevant to the point though.

I think when it come to WW2, the Nazis are worse but the Allies are hardly saints themselves, it is war after all.

I know all about Operation paperclip, worth mentioning is how Dr. Werner Braun who designed the Saturn V rocket and a few other rockets was a member of the SS and had a few war crimes but were conveniently forgotten about.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Currently addicted to this awesome SMB3 romhack. Works great on actual hardware too.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    I think when it come to WW2, the Nazis are worse but the Allies are hardly saints themselves, it is war after all.
    The British and Americans loved setting fire to cities and carpet bombing. Then there are atomic weapons.
    V1 and V2 "wonder weapons" had very small warheads and they were mostly a demoralising idea. Although if they were capable of carrying larger warheads the distance they travelled no doubt they would have.
    When you start targeting densely populated areas your moral high ground crumbles.

The nazi regime waged a war of decimation on Jews (and other ethnic groups they considered racially inferior) that stayed in any territory they captured.
    The camps were a way of making use of people before death. The Japanese treated many POWs in a similar fashion but that was more due to the dishonour associated with surrender than anything else. Although they did consider many other Asians inferior some served in their armed forces (like Koreans for example). The Germans had non-Aryans in their armed forces too, even more so towards the end of the war.

Really, the nazis were no worse than the soviets of that era. The only difference is that there is evidence of numbers for one (up until a point where the war effort turned into semi-disorganised mayhem) and with the other there are some numbers but nobody really knows.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Zal I'm impressed, something that ain't gay
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Zal I'm impressed, something that ain't gay
    Think I've stated before that I think Anime is gay

Also I don't think we have anything to worry about from North Korea..

Thanks
    EP Points