Page 153 of 267 FirstFirst ... 53103143148149150151152153154155156157158163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 4003

Thread: The something or Other-out, or something or other...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Recency bias kicking in but DQ8 is one of the best jrpgs I've played. Definitely one of the higher points of the genre if you don't mind an old school feel. Though with the current state of jrpgs it's hard not to want to go play some older ones.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Recency bias kicking in but DQ8 is one of the best jrpgs I've played. Definitely one of the higher points of the genre if you don't mind an old school feel. Though with the current state of jrpgs it's hard not to want to go play some older ones.
    Agreed, DQVIII is an awesome classic style JRPG, as well as probably the pinnacle of the series itself. Though DQIX was pretty cool, though it suffered from being on a portable. Should've been on PS3 or something and it would've been truly great. If you get a chance though play the fan translated PS2 remake of DQV. DQV is probably my second favorite entry and the remake is pretty dang sweet.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Found Zals favorite videogame,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G44qX4zB9Ak

That doesn't look like Cho Aniki....

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well, recorded a couple episodes of Earthbound. Oh boy, I'm going to have a hard time with this game...

In other news the first episode is releasing tomorrow, and then every Monday. Getting a good schedule set for the other games I'm recording too.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sup Roxas, how goes the incredible popularity and success of your youtube channel?
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sup Roxas, how goes the incredible popularity and success of your youtube channel?
    Could care less about the popularity I do it for fun.

Plus I have to do shit solo because of this fucking toe.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    toe.

THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well the infection/other thing is out of it. So it's all good now, slight pain. But yay meds.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

Nice mix.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yay they finally fixed Hyperdimension Neptunia on Steam, now time to play it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    Agreed, DQVIII is an awesome classic style JRPG, as well as probably the pinnacle of the series itself. Though DQIX was pretty cool, though it suffered from being on a portable. Should've been on PS3 or something and it would've been truly great. If you get a chance though play the fan translated PS2 remake of DQV. DQV is probably my second favorite entry and the remake is pretty dang sweet.
    IX is quite frankly a masterpiece. I recommend to anyone that likes JRPGs buying it now while it's still $20 or less easily CIB. Agree that being on the DS hurt it. Could have been the best in the series if it was given the same treatment as VIII.

I have 4-6 on DS. What does playing this PS2 version offer in terms of improvement? Keeping in mind that for me replaying JRPGs with one story/ending is something I basically never do.

I'm debating what to play next now. Still haven't touched Tales of Hearts R or Xillia 2 (aside from installing it). Not sure I'm in a mood for a Tales of game though. I'll probably end up playing another PS2 game that I started years ago and then forgot about. Gotta rummage through memory cards.

Thanks
    EP Points

Was 229 last week on Wednesday. Weighed in at 224 today.

The last time before the 229 weight was 235

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's a shame the west will never see DQVII on 3DS. The problem is these games are mammoth translation tasks, so I can actually believe that it's not as financially viable as they would want it to be.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

IX is quite frankly a masterpiece. I recommend to anyone that likes JRPGs buying it now while it's still $20 or less easily CIB. Agree that being on the DS hurt it. Could have been the best in the series if it was given the same treatment as VIII.

I have 4-6 on DS. What does playing this PS2 version offer in terms of improvement? Keeping in mind that for me replaying JRPGs with one story/ending is something I basically never do.

I'm debating what to play next now. Still haven't touched Tales of Hearts R or Xillia 2 (aside from installing it). Not sure I'm in a mood for a Tales of game though. I'll probably end up playing another PS2 game that I started years ago and then forgot about. Gotta rummage through memory cards.
    If you've already played and finished DQV before hen there's not really much of reason to play the PS2 version. It's basically just a visual upgrade.

It's a shame the west will never see DQVII on 3DS. The problem is these games are mammoth translation tasks, so I can actually believe that it's not as financially viable as they would want it to be.
    Yeah, or DQX, DQ Heroes: Rocket Slime 3, and the DQ Monsters remakes. I don't know what SquareEnix's problem is, but I'd much rather see more dragon Quest games than Final Fantasy games get released in the states. Here's hoping that at least Dragon Quest Theatrhythm gets released over here.