Thread: Burning Original Xbox games to disc using a Mac?

Thanks

Default Burning Original Xbox games to disc using a Mac?

So I've been trying to burn original xbox games onto DVDs but to no avail,

I've been using Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10, with Keka to turn any bin/cues into ISOs and Disk Utility to burn them but no luck. I had a feeling I was doing something wrong so I checked this link but...
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?82181

This method only seems to work for Windows based PCs, are they any ways to do it for Mac users? I've been trying to burn Metal Wolf Chaos and Dino Crisis 3 to an already modded xbox but it doesn't even read them.

What am I doing wrong exactly?

Thanks
    EP Points

I've never used a Mac in my life, but you don't need to convert Xbox ISOs or anything. They should all just be .ISO format, so you just need an "app" that can burn that directly to a disc without any alterations...

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If the games are not in ISO format (they are not going to be in bin+cue format anyway they are DVD games not CD games)

Do not convert from one format to another, especially for Xbox disc images

But if they are just plain xbox files then that is not intended to be burned but instead FTP'd to the Xbox HDD, to make an ISO from those you need tools to build an XBox ISO that is totally different to a normal ISO so you do need a specific tool to handle Xbox format DVD ISO's to build one, you can try http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?na...e=XDVDFS_Tools to do that that should include xdvdfs_maker used to make XBOX readable iso images

If the game is in ISO format then it can be burned with any ISO burning software DAO/SAO (Disc at once/Session at once) is the best method of burning though, not so sure you have a choice for burning DVD iso images anyway though

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

OK, so I downloaded it, and the files I'm burning are proper unconverted ISOs, but sorry for sounding n00bish but I have no clue how this thing words.... The instructions don't even make sense to me... ;;

If I try to open any of the terminal programs (?) it opens terminal and says some things I don't understand, and thats it... It says its OSX compatible but.... Hmm... I REALLY lack the experience & knowledge for this...

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't own a Mac so no idea and your not really helping me help you with so little information, not even what it says in the terminal

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    I don't own a Mac so no idea and your not really helping me help you with so little information, not even what it says in the terminal
    I know and I'm really sorry about that but, the problem is that I'm not even sure what to look for or whats really relevant. The only thing it says is a bunch of directories, then ends with "Bad CPU type in executable"

Upon closer examination its lists the mac under G3 and G4, I did some digging and these were used in the older macs apparently, seems like the program hasn't been updated since, what 2004 I think?

Whelp I guess I'll have to try wineskin AGAIN... Luckily this came with the .exe so hopefully this will work. Also, should the disc type matter for xbox games?
    I've tried using Sony discs to burn PS2 games and that never works, so I try to use Maxwell or preferably Memorex IF I can find where I live.

I'm imaging thats because of some anti-piracy system in the disc? Considering it would be a Sony disc in a Xbox console would there still be that protection? Or am I talking out of my butt again?
    ?_?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If your using Wine something like qwix or c-xbox would be better options anyway

http://www.avalaunch.net/qwix/ being the better of the two

P.S. the brand of a disc does nothing for you at all, every brand has good and bad discs, there are great Sony branded discs but there are also very very poor quality Sony discs also

It has more to do with where and who manufactures the discs, the manufactures have no relation to the brand and manufacture for lots of different brands

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia is a good place to check your media, though unfortunately the software used is PC not Mac software so not sure how well that will work but if the disc burning software used on the mac has media information it may have enough for you to be able to tell exactly what you have

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I am using toast titanium on my Mac to burn the ISO für the xbox.....and it works without problems.

Maybe your DVD in the xbox don't like your blank.......did you try other blanks?

But if you have the ISO - File you don't need toast or an other program.....just open the Iso with your harddisk manager and then right-klick the file and burn - works fine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duke1970 View Post
    I am using toast titanium on my Mac to burn the ISO für the xbox.....and it works without problems.

Maybe your DVD in the xbox don't like your blank.......did you try other blanks?

But if you have the ISO - File you don't need toast or an other program.....just open the Iso with your harddisk manager and then right-klick the file and burn - works fine.
    Well I'm not sure, when I first tried to burn an xbox iso all I did was burn it using disk utility like I did with my PS2 games. But I tried it twice and it didn't work, which is strange cause the console is modded and can play bootleged and original xbox games of every region so...

I honestly don't know, what are your settings when you burn with toast?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Generally you don't need to touch setting for burning default are usually fine, it's only the speed that is the maker or breaker, that and the media itself

If it is hard modded you should be able to replace the HDD without issue for a large drive and it is a much better way to play the games faster load times ect, the only issue there is some games need patching to run from HDD, most I fixed myself, it is doable with a soft modded console also but it will be a little more complicated to do.

P.S. what game are you having issues with?

There was a couple of scene released games that had been in iso format but are PC iso's not xbox iso's and do need converting to proper xbox iso format

There is also one game that will not work with all regions unless the consoles DVD video mode is changed, think it was one of the American football games or an NBA game, I forget.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-January-2015 at 05:15.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Generally you don't need to touch setting for burning default are usually fine, it's only the speed that is the maker or breaker, that and the media itself

If it is hard modded you should be able to replace the HDD without issue for a large drive and it is a much better way to play the games faster load times ect, the only issue there is some games need patching to run from HDD, most I fixed myself, it is doable with a soft modded console also but it will be a little more complicated to do.

P.S. what game are you having issues with?

There was a couple of scene released games that had been in iso format but are PC iso's not xbox iso's and do need converting to proper xbox iso format

There is also one game that will not work with all regions unless the consoles DVD video mode is changed, think it was one of the American football games or an NBA game, I forget.
    Actually now that you mention mine DOES have a hard drive, I think its got the max on it but either way, I'm not sure if I could remove it or mod it and I'm pretty sure its gotta be with the way I'm burning discs.

Cause where I'm from (a 3rd world country) I had to buy bootlegged games back in highschool and they all worked fine, well, MOST of them worked fine. And I even bought original games from places like Dubai, the US, and they all worked, even ones that had inbult emulation software in them and a library of GBA/N64 games.
    My xbox and dreamcast (before I accidentally "wounded" it) worked pretty well when it came to burnt games...

But anyways, I'm trying out Dino Crisis 3 as a test or "control" game, what I REALLY want to do though is to burn a translated copy of Metal Wolf Chaos on to disc.

I'm a huge Fromsoft fan so I really wanted to grab a copy but, this has turned out to be more difficult than I thought... ;

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Every Xbox has a Hard Drive, but the provided HDD is only 8 to 10GB my xbox currently has a 750GB drive installed, but you need to do that yourself no xbox is provided like that unless it was pre modded with a large HDD.

The biggest difficulty I find on here is the media itself rather than burning methods, between DVD-R and DVD+R +R is the higher quality media, but every brand of media does very poor quality media and very high quality media and the only way you can tell ius after you buy the media

Check what your media is before using it or expecting it to work.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Whelp this isn't working, ok I guess I'll have to make a request here some how...

Then again I don't see a request thread for xbox games here, is there one?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by kicker_exe View Post
    Whelp this isn't working, ok I guess I'll have to make a request here some how...

Then again I don't see a request thread for xbox games here, is there one?
    Here:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...read-XBOX-only

Or you can just use the general requests section (create a request thread):
    http://www.epforums.org/forumdisplay...p-ISO-Requests

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Much appreciated, heading there now.