Thread: [REQUEST] direct downloads for XBOX roms

Thanks

Default [REQUEST] direct downloads for XBOX roms

Community uploads use download websites that are not safe or cost money. It would be really nice to download them from Emuparadise so we know they are safe.
    Last edited by cybertech1111; 19th-December-2014 at 20:23.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Not safe or cost money? Can you link to some examples of that please.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

It's common knowledge that it's easy to download viruses from file hosting sites. That's why theres 5 download buttons on the pages and not just the one you want. Most of them want you to pay to download more than one file a day or every few hours or to get decent download speeds or to download large files ect ect. I didn't want a debate so let me ask another way: Is there a reason not a single one of the Xbox ISOs are available for download directly from Emuparadise?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by cybertech1111 View Post
    It's common knowledge that it's easy to download viruses from file hosting sites. That's why theres 5 download buttons on the pages and not just the one you want. Most of them want you to pay to download more than one file a day or every few hours or to get decent download speeds or to download large files ect ect. I didn't want a debate so let me ask another way: Is there a reason not a single one of the Xbox ISOs are available for download directly from Emuparadise?
    Because the owner didn't or still doesn't want that. There aren't any Wii, 360 or PS3 downloads there either. You can't emulate Xbox game backups (well, except via a 360 console that is appropriately modified...and maybe one or two games that might work with PC emulators but those titles would probably have PC variants anyway).

It's common knowledge that you can eliminate or minimise potential crap you can get from file hosts just by using common sense.
    Free is free, complaining about having to wait x amount of minutes or hours to download a game is your own problem.
    You haven't linked to any examples to verify your claims like I asked

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

The reasons are pretty much what deadlegion mentions above. There's not a single XBox emulator out there worth anything. However, this isn't the first time this has been requested so I must ask you - how do you intend to play the games? Are you going to load them up on an XBox?

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes. That would be very common actually. I have a modded xbox(not some lame softmod either). Please don't even accept cloudstor, multiupload, or the like. That is completely a waste of time. It's not even a long wait, there literally are no links in the source for the page. Every single redirect is to a product with the sites mentioned above. Why accept this? Emuparadise is a great site, but just don't offer xbox isos if you know the links are 100% bs.

Thanks
    EP Points

The links weren't always like that. Multiupload, for example, was really useful for some time.
    When things change it becomes an enormous task to go around removing links that have turned "bad". Nobody gets paid to do that work.

Again, common sense. If you know certain links are bad for whatever reason then don't use them, but post and point out the issue in a civilised manner.
    Not something like "stop posting malware fucker" Some people do that and all they're doing is attracting the wrong kind of attention for themselves.

Edit:
    I would also like to mention that plenty of Xbox game shares in the forums have been removed over the years due to copyright complaints.
    Like the Wii, it is just one of those platforms that would attract the wrong kind of attention if shares like that were available on the main site.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 30th-December-2014 at 05:46.

Spoiler warning: